Intel Core i7-8086K arrives June 8th for under 400 GBP

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Intel is getting ready to celebrate the 40th anniversary of its game-changing 8086, a 16-bit that standardized the x86 architecture for personal computing and basically revolutionized the industry at large. To mark the occasion, there have been rumors of a special Core i7-8086K Anniversary Edition CPU based on the company's 8th generation Coffee Lake architecture. But is it real? Leaked retail listings suggest the chip does in fact exist.

As spotted by Videocardz, a couple of retailers have product pages for the new SKU. One of them has the Core i7-8086K Anniversary Edition priced at a tick over 481 euros, and the other $480 in US. Assuming the chip exists, if that pricing holds true, it would represent a $130 premium over the Core i7-8700K, which is routinely found online for $350. If you happen to live near a Micro Center, you can even score the Core i7-8700K for $300, with a further $30 discount available when bundling with a compatible motherboard.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Andrew “Gibbo” Gibson, a member of OCUK staff has confirmed that Intel’s upcoming Core i7-8086K processors will be released next week.

Intel Core i7-8086K likely not to be soldered
The information posted at OCUK forums by Gibbo is a response to other retailers listing this 40th Anniversary Edition processor before the official introduction, which is expected on June 8th.

Gibbo confirmed that the price of the new SKU should not exceed 400 GBP. For comparison boxed version of retail i7-8700K is offered for 350 GBP, while the OEM variant is sold for 330 GBP at OCUK.

Same as 8700K, the new processor will be offered in pre-binned/de-lidded version. This would confirm that 8086K is not soldered as some rumors have suggested.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.