Intel Core i9-10900K, Core i7-10700K and Core i5-10600K marketing materials leak

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Intel Comet Lake coming April 30
Intel’s latest 14nm processor series for the mainstream desktop platform is expected this month. Our sources have confirmed that April 30, as reported by El Chapuzas Informatico, is indeed the official embargo lift date for Comet Lake-S and Z490 related content.

Meanwhile, we received some marketing materials for the series, including confirmation on the three major SKUs: Core i9-10900K, Core i7-10700K, and Core i5-10600K.

The materials confirm that i9-10900K will boost up to 5.3 GHz with Thermal Velocity Boost technology. As we compare the details with 10700K and 10600K promos, it is apparent that Core i7 and Core i5 do not have TVB support.
... ...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Do the newer Intel or AMD models offer significant improvements for general-purpose computing? Anything that justifies an upgrade?
I have an i5 6500 and am wondering whether life would be noticeably different with a newer or better CPU. I have only integrated graphics. For me, gaming and video editing is something I read about, not something I do. But I often run Windows 10 in a virtual machine on a linux host.

Last edited:

Wraith2020

Level 2
Mar 19, 2020
Do the newer Intel or AMD models offer significant improvements for general-purpose computing? Anything that justifies an upgrade?
I have an i5 6500 and am wondering whether life would be noticeably different with a newer or better CPU. I have only integrated graphics. For me, gaming and video editing is something I read about, not something I do. But I often run Windows 10 in a virtual machine on a linux host.
Wait for the 10th generation series. I also have a 7600K and am holding off to see what the 10th generation has to offer. If the i5 offers 6 cores/12 threads and is priced competitively it would be a good upgrade for your 6500 but you'll also need a new motherboard.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I found this funny pic:

1586203243259.png

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Wait for the 10th generation series. I also have a 7600K and am holding off to see what the 10th generation has to offer. If the i5 offers 6 cores/12 threads and is priced competitively it would be a good upgrade for your 6500 but you'll also need a new motherboard.
Seeing as AMD processors generally have more cores, maybe they are better for running VMs? Right now, I allot 2 cores to the host and 2 to the guest.

Reactions: harlan4096

Wraith2020

Level 2
Mar 19, 2020
Seeing as AMD processors generally have more cores, maybe they are better for running VMs? Right now, I allot 2 cores to the host and 2 to the guest.
Like I said mate it depends on how Intel prices their CPU's. If the i5 and Ryzen 5 3600X are priced in the same segment, it'd be better to get the i5 if you don't care about power consumption and PCIE 4 (not counting the hardware flaws). If the i7 and Ryzen 7 3800X are priced similarly, I'd personally opt for the i7.

Reactions: shmu26

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.