Intel Core i9-12900K and Core i5-12600K Review: Retaking the Gaming Crown

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
"Intel's decision to adopt a hybrid x86 architecture was risky, but despite the early hiccups with Windows 10, the performance that we've seen today shows it has paid off. The Alder Lake processors mark a massive generational leap forward for Intel in nearly all facets, including gaming, performance in lightly- and heavily-threaded work, power consumption, and platform connectivity options."

"The Core i9-12900K delivers incredible levels of threaded performance, often rivaling or beating the Ryzen 9 5950X, but at a much lower price point. That type of performance will pay off in all manner of productivity applications, and if you're looking for snappy performance in lighter fare, it's also the uncontested leader in x86 single-threaded performance. "

"We would typically shy away from recommending the Core i9-12900K until we had a chance to evaluate the Core i7-12700K, but Alder Lake marks the return of meaningful segmentation between the Core i7 and i9 lineups. With an additional four efficiency cores and class-leading gaming performance, the Core i9-12900K is a good choice for a Windows 11 system."

6Bx5NhhNnHkH6NFup4zVeM-970-80.png

KuHUbFdBYSe4BgtPZD2PuZ-970-80.png

2anU6EWVrkxae92XtCgDfF-970-80.png

sBdyiKsVLkEwTiUkyCXaWF-970-80.png

Intel is back again!

Last edited by a moderator:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Yeah Intel is back... but nice winter stoves (even with new architecture Big.Little), eating more power than AMD current gen (1 year old)
Yeah, LOL. In heavily multi threaded applications it draws almost twice the power compared to Ryzen parts, Ryzen is still the efficiency king. In games though it's pretty similar. I am just happy that both AMD and Intel are trading blows for performance crown.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.