Battle Intel i3 2120 @3.3 GHz with 4GB RAM - Kaspersky or Bitdefender?

felice

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2018
i have an intel i3 2120 @3.3 GHz with 4 gb RAM.

At the moment I am using Windows defender with Windows Firewall - Zemana and HitmanPro as on demand scanner (i always used MBAM on demand but i read that is not anymore so great)

I am tempted to try Bitdefender total security but i read better reviews about Kaspersky total security. Which one should I try?

Is my computer able to run Bitdefender or Kaspersky without any slow down?

I consider myself a safe web surfer, even if i download torrents sometimes.

Thank you all.

Felice

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Weebarra

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Stop with the Total Security BS. Guaranteed most do not need all Features and a continuous subscription is required for use after license expires.

Top of line does not mean better.

Mixed reviews about Bitdefender and it's bugs. Kaspersky is a solid product, but for Windows 10 you can get away with a Free Antivirus or continue WDA with OSArmor.

Try suggestion above by @harlan4096

Discuss - Kaspersky Free Antivirus - Pro's & Con's
What's new - About Kaspersky Free
https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/free-antivirus

Discuss - NoVirusThanks OSArmor
Prevent Malware and Ransomware with OSArmor | NoVirusThanks

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
As @Local Host said, you really need to test products on your own system and see what works best for you. What works well for someone else, may slowdown your computer.

If you want an absolute minimum drop in system performance, Panda Free is a good choice. But, there are alternatives with better protection.

felice

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2018
i wanted to try Kaspersky total security 2018 and this is the second day and till now have no issue at all. No slowdown. Really low resources use (less than Windows Defender)
i have installed one Chrome security extension(ublock origin) and as i said i am using zemana, hitman pro on demand. i think i am good enough.
I will keep you informed (if interested) how KTS is working itn this trial period i am using it.

About the antimalware on demand scanner Zemana and hitman are good enough or is better MBAM (or even add this)?

Thank you again for all the info you giving to me ... i am pretty a noob in the security software world.

felice

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2018
ouch i thought it was an error....it's already out? Need to check so. but i think i will need to disinstall the 2018 and do a fresh installation of 2019.
Even if on the main site i didn't find anything about that.

However atm i have installed the version: kts 19.0.0.1088it_14097 while the link i found for the kaspersky total security 2019 let me download this: kts 19.0.0.1088aen_14171.

maybe i already downloaded a KTS 2019 not yet updated (my version is an italian version).

Last edited:
Reactions: Weebarra and Jack

felice

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2018
I am sorry if I ask again.
With Kts 2019 which Anti-Malware I could use between:
Zemana
Hitmanpro. Alert
MBAM
Is it necessary using them real time or could be enough having on demand scan?

Thank you again.

Reactions: Weebarra

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Is it necessary using them real time or could be enough having on demand scan?
If you are not click happy and keep your system updated, then KIS will be all you need for realtime protection. The main thing to do, is to be very careful about what you let run on your system, rather than opening random email attachments or downloads and expecting your security software to be able to protect you, if they are malicious.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.