Intel Security Launches ‘Threat Landscape Dashboard’

Wingman

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 6, 2017
Intel Security began work nine months ago to design a new dashboard that identifies the most significant threats and illustrates the relationships between them.

Using vulnerabilities as the pivot point, the Threat Landscape Dashboard illustrates the relationships among exploit kits, campaigns, and ransomware. For example, the RIG exploit kit takes advantage of vulnerabilities that are used to spread certain ransomware families. Further, some of these vulnerabilities are also seen in targeted campaigns. Consequently, we can show links between exploit kits and targeted campaigns through vulnerability correlation. We also calculate a “risk score” for each threat and campaign, and recently added a “media score,” too. Monitoring and processing information from social media feeds, we calculate a score for the press attention received by the specific threat or campaign.

Intel Security Threat Landscape Dashboard

+1 for intel- Great initiative

vemn

Level 6
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Feb 11, 2017
Good initiative by Intel Security.
Quick information for security ppl on the trends. Great if they can combine with their web reputations.

Reactions: XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Ohhh that's the first time I see Kaspersky's.
Is there an updated link? Because the filter is up till 2015 only.
I have no clue about why it stops at 2015. Maybe it hasn't been updated yet.

Anyway, great job, Intel, for making a comprehensive list of the attacks that happened and the vulnerabilities present!(This is just to make my post still on-topic. :D But really I mean it.)

vemn

Level 6
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Feb 11, 2017
I have no clue about why it stops at 2015. Maybe it hasn't been updated yet.

Anyway, great job, Intel, for making a comprehensive list of the attacks that happened and the vulnerabilities present!(This is just to make my post still on-topic. :D But really I mean it.)

Opps... sorry for my last post.
Sorry Sir!

Reactions: XhenEd

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Ohhh that's the first time I see Kaspersky's.
Is there an updated link? Because the filter is up till 2015 only.
Maybe they are yet to update this page with 2016 statistics. The main site (securelist) is however updated with the latest content :)

Last edited:
Reactions: vemn and XhenEd

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.