Intel's marketing and also a possible why Intel cpus are so popular

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
Hey all :)

AMD has plenty to cheer about of late. Almost out of the red in its latest fiscal report, the company has surged ahead to become the top seller of discrete GPUs (as of July). The company also is sitting on a pile of cash -- $1.25B USD -- from a settlement with Intel over Intel's alleged attempts to pay cash payouts to OEMs to not use AMD CPUs (and several other alleged anticompetitive actions). With the U.S. Federal Trade Commission promising to keep a watchful eye on Intel, the ball is now in AMD's court to deliver a competitive CPU product.

If this is true then it's no wonder why intel is so popular. Intel's cpu are a better choice when it come to laptops but not when it comes to desktops.

source

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Valentinchen N said:
Intel's cpu are a better choice when it come to laptops but not when it comes to desktops.

They really aren't, its most probably the other way round with the release of AMD fusion branded chips.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
MetalShaun said:
Valentinchen N said:
Intel's cpu are a better choice when it come to laptops but not when it comes to desktops.

They really aren't, its most probably the other way round with the release of AMD fusion branded chips.

not for now; Intel is better but that might change. I hope it will change because AMD's are cheap, and also uses less Watt :)

Why Intel
  • Better performance
  • Higher Cache Memory in overall
  • Intel's cpu (i3 and up) have Cache level 3 compared to AMD's that only have Cache level 2 2MB (correct me with the amount of memory if I am wrong

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Intel i7 is all I use, and will be for quite some time.
Intel payed for their mistake, lets hope they don't
repeat it ;)

Reactions: DC47561

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.