CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
1620212528_lineup_overview_(source_-_hd_tecnologia).jpg

Intel announced its 11th-gen mobile chips from the Tiger Lake family earlier this year at CES. However, back then, the company only unveiled a portion of the full Tiger Lake lineup, an overview of which can be seen in one of today's leaked slides (above) from a new report by HD Tecnologia. The report allegedly has all the leaked slides which are seemingly from the launch presentation of Intel's entire Tiger Lake-H lineup unveil next week.

At CES, Intel announced the quad-core Tiger Lake H35 chips that are built for the ultraportable gaming segment and if the image above is to be believed, upcoming Tiger Lake-H chips will further cover a few more device segments, which include:
  • Halo enthusiast,
  • Thin enthusiast, and
  • Essential

For more information and the images as well

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
If Intel really had this many "Leaks" it would probably have sunk long ago.

Mind you since this is an alleged leak Intel will not be held liable if the final product falls short when it is released.
This can cause potential loss of sales to it competitors since most people think leaks are genuine .

Last edited:

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
since most people think leaks are genuine .
Well, most leaks are genuine. The question becomes, was the leak authorized as some sort of publicity stunt, as a ruse to expose the leaker, or unauthorized as some sort of theft and subsequent exposure.

Some leaks are by designed to expose a mole or traitor in the organization. For example, if you look at the second NeoWin slide, the official version might say "NEW Supports overclocking on some SKUs". But note that slides reads slightly different. Different wording could be used to determine where in an organization a leak occurs.

Personally, I don't see anything in those slides that would be "classified" beyond what might take the "splash" out of a big marketing campaign. That is, I don't see anything that otherwise might be related to industrial espionage, theft of IP, copyright infringement, etc.

In fact, I would not be surprised if AMD didn't already know all that, and more.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Well, most leaks are genuine. The question becomes, was the leak authorized as some sort of publicity stunt, as a ruse to expose the leaker, or unauthorized as some sort of theft and subsequent exposure.
Majority of cases it is a questionable marketing strategy that can deter would be laptop buyers in the current market from buying for eg. AMD since they currently
hold the upper hand in terms of price and performance even in the laptop market with most of their range.
Some leaks are by designed to expose a mole or traitor in the organization. For example, if you look at the second NeoWin slide, the official version might say "NEW Supports overclocking on some SKUs". But note that slides reads slightly different. Different wording could be used to determine where in an organization a leak occurs.
I don't think Intel will worry that much in regards to this type of leak it only benefits them in the long run and this can allow them to change specs or pricing in the future
if they decide to do so, since it not "official" yet!
Personally, I don't see anything in those slides that would be "classified" beyond what might take the "splash" out of a big marketing campaign. That is, I don't see anything that otherwise might be related to industrial espionage, theft of IP, copyright infringement, etc.

In fact, I would not be surprised if AMD didn't already know all that, and more.
Hey look at that 1080p gaming laptop med/high settings @ 60fps only 699. Let me wait rather than buy AMD's laptop that can do the same but cost 749. This is just a crude example of how these leaks are can cause harm to their competitors and result in a loss in sales.

Reactions: Venustus and Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.