Internet Download Manager (deep) (updated) Review

thewul

Level 1
Verified
Nov 18, 2012
because I like the UI and it's much easier to use for me
the last time I tried FDM, several times actually, FDM was always blocked my by malware filter and my AV, and the UI is a bit confusing. Not really better than eagleget. Perhaps they have the same speed
Eagleget also uses less RAM if I recall correctly
maybe FDM can suit you better but for me eagleget is more comfortable

I think all of them can work well with firefox quantum, not so sure

On the other hand ...
Even though VirusTotal report '0 issues'...

Maybe I should try IDM.
Does it spy on you?

Tonec Privacy Policy
"
The "Internet Download Manager" product on this Website WILL NOT COLLECT any information about you and HAS NO SPYWARE components inside of it.
"
but how do I know that for sure?

Attachments

• SnagIt-07052018 103728.png
    SnagIt-07052018 103728.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 623

cyberfort

Level 2
Verified
May 18, 2017
Most video downloads, or embedded videos can be detected from within the browser itself by inspection tools. I never used any download manager apart from JDownloader for automation reasons, it can download videos from every non-redirect website, crawl for links hidden behind the shortened urls full of ads, resolve or simplify captchas and download multiple / dissected downloads that, in case of not having JD, you'll need to click and download 1by1.

i have heard a lot about JD but faced download detection problem.. is there any way to improve it ?
i am using eagleget now

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
On the other hand ...
Even though VirusTotal report '0 issues'...

Maybe I should try IDM.
Does it spy on you?

Tonec Privacy Policy
"
The "Internet Download Manager" product on this Website WILL NOT COLLECT any information about you and HAS NO SPYWARE components inside of it.
"
but how do I know that for sure?
It's a browser monitoring program to capture the links of files or videos to be downloaded. The alerts are false-positives.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.