Review Internet Download Manager Review

Discussion in 'Users Review' started by whizkidraj, Feb 4, 2017.

1. whizkidraj

whizkidraj Level 8

Nov 9, 2012
    Studying - Bachelor of Engineering (IT)
    Mumbai, Maharashta, India
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    #1 whizkidraj, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017
    Name of Software/Product:
    Internet Download Manager
    Advantages:
    Easy to use and user friendly GUI, program.

Captures downloads without having to click or manually add the links.

Integration with all major web browsers.

A lot of settings and tools for managing downloads.

Download resume capability even with broken or refreshed links from the server.

Light on system.

Paid software, but has a trial version and a lifetime license for not much of a cost.

Can take over downloads automatically.

And many more...
    Disadvantages:
    IDM helps, but cannot help much with people who still might be using broadband internet connections.
    Bottom Line:
    I don't remember the word, but Internet Download Manager is like a scale, and all the other softwares and alternative download managers we try, we try to measure them and see if they are as good as Internet Download Manager.
    Internet Download Manager becomes the perfect download managing software once you start using it.
    Usability:
    5 / 5 ✪
    User Interface:
    5 / 5 ✪
    CPU/RAM/Storage:
    Low Usage
    Performance:
    Low Impact
    Overall Rating:
    Outstanding - 5 / 5 ✪
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] Application Homepage:- Internet Download Manager: the fastest download accelerator

[​IMG] Application Latest version:- Internet Download Manager News

[​IMG] Internet Download Manager Download and Installation Review by whizkidraj:-

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Conclusion:-
    Internet Download Manager has defined the standards of how a download managing software should be.
    It makes the downloading fast and download management easy.
    IDM makes downloading experience fun by letting us use different download options available within it's main program window.
    IDM is what comes in mind, when we first think about the word or the action "let's download".

2. Evjl's Rain

Evjl's Rain Level 29
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 18, 2016
    Vietnam
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    this is no doubt the best download manager in the world
    There is only 1 thing I don't like about it takes time to combine splitted parts after the download. In some rare cases of downloading very large files, these files may be corrupted
    It used to happen frequently many years ago but I have not seen any corrupted file for a few years yet

3. whizkidraj

whizkidraj Level 8

Nov 9, 2012
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    It does happen very very sometimes..I won't get into detail. Different systems, different issues :) but just all the things that IDM provides us with just being the best and a beautiful download managing software, we can see this small mistake as a part of what makes this software wanna keep improving in our mind and we tend to feel such things, only for things we really love with all the heart :)

Btw, my friends, please do comment on how you all liked the banner and the videos ;) I'm still learning to become that real advanced level designer and video producer, but I did all I can to make this video and the banner and put my thoughts with all the love :)

deedee, Deletedmessiah, mal1 and 3 others like this.
  4. shukla44

shukla44 Level 10

Jan 14, 2016
    India
    Windows 7
    Kaspersky
    Great review. Very nice put, video and all.
    The video about resuming broken download link is very thoughtful. I have never used this feature, never had too, but i will try it with file sharing sites where resume is not supported of course. If it works, then this will be a highlight.

Thanks again for this review.
    Regards.

5. whizkidraj

whizkidraj Level 8

Nov 9, 2012
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Thank you for ur comment, mate. Really appreciate :)

deedee, Yash Khan and shukla44 like this.
  6. Trickster

Trickster Level 14

Jul 28, 2016
    Loving / caring Husband :)
    Europe
    Windows 10
    BullGuard
    Great review! Right to the point! This is my favorite download manager of all time! Bought a lifetime license last Year for 30 euro's! The only thing that sucks is that the lifetime license only alows program updates for the first three years of usage.

7. mlnevese

mlnevese Level 10

May 3, 2015
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    I have been using IDM since 2014 for every download and I have never seem a single file corrupted...

8. Evjl's Rain

Evjl's Rain Level 29
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 18, 2016
    Vietnam
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    I was using the version from >10 years ago. At that time, IDM had that common problem
    Now I think I totally fixed that

9. whizkidraj

whizkidraj Level 8

Nov 9, 2012
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Same story :( Same feelings :'(

10. Evgeny

Evgeny Level 6

May 1, 2015
    Krym
    Best download manager, using it many many years.

11. marzametal

marzametal Level 7

Jun 10, 2014
    Carer
    Australia
    Windows 7
    Where did you read this?

Never mind, found it... lol... not fussed, been using it for well over 5 years now; still got 2.5 years to go according to the April 2016 rule. The program costs less than a pack of smokes here, so no biggie.

12. reboot

reboot Level 3

Jan 27, 2017
    Marketing consultant
    Australia
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    I agree. It was definitely buggy in the early days. It was also difficult to thoroughly delete. It is hard not to be loyal to the program when the developer is still constantly trying to improve things and make for a smoother user experience.

This may sound crazy for some but if IDM switched to a subscription payment model I would gladly pay to support the program and to give thanks for all the time they saved me... especially when my internet access sucked!

Yash Khan likes this.
  13. reboot

reboot Level 3

Jan 27, 2017
    Marketing consultant
    Australia
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    Was the word benchmark?

whizkidraj likes this.
  14. Yash Khan

Yash Khan Level 51

Oct 22, 2012
    Guess whizkidraj means "Internet Download Manager likes to be on top";)

frogboy, whizkidraj and _CyberGhosT_ like this.
  15. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Level 52
    Trusted

Aug 2, 2015
    Retired
    Central US
    Linux Mint
    Default-Deny
    Never had the need for software like this.
    Good to know stuff like this exists though.

Yash Khan likes this.
  16. reboot

reboot Level 3

Jan 27, 2017
    Marketing consultant
    Australia
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    It is "nice to have" certainly not a "must have". I mainly use it for the convenience of downloading video files.

It should be noted that some security programs may need tweaking to cater for it.

17. Yash Khan

Yash Khan Level 51

Oct 22, 2012
    In India, net is expensive. Net speed throttle. Some provider have weird net package, either speed low or data low but money more:mad:

My service provider dont have any plan with speed more than 4mbpso_O
    Unlimited plan is expensive kinda 2000 INR per month, 4mbps speed, 10GB...4mbps speed then 512kbps:eek:

As per 4mbps, I should get 500kbps download speed but hardly get it, its mostly around 50-250kbps. With download managers, I always get 450-500kbps speed, at times more too:)

Download managers are very helpful here:)

Currently I am trying new service provider with 72mbps But still I get around 1-1.5mbps, with download managers I get around 2.5-3.5mbps...see the speed throttle:mad:

18. whizkidraj

whizkidraj Level 8

Nov 9, 2012
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Close :) But not really benchmark, but what I wanted to say is that it is like "the ideal example" of how a download managing software should be or it is like "our favourite thing" that comes to our mind whenever we see something new and expect it to be at least of that level. Hehe still not really getting that perfect word. But you all know what I mean ;) Infact, as they say, great things are not defined by labels or a term, but by it's actions and our love for it and IDM is all that :)

19. shukla44

shukla44 Level 10

Jan 14, 2016
    India
    Windows 7
    Kaspersky
    Lol.... Feel the pain. Now the minimum bandwidth limit is raised to 1mbps, which, well..., still crawls.
    Are you using fiber? Which ISP?
    My current speed matches the money, 2mbps unlimited which is about 200-260kb/s download for 1200 INR.

20. XhenEd

XhenEd Level 27
    Content Creator Trusted

Mar 1, 2014
    Philippines
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    I think "standard" is the word. :)

Off-topic:
    Ours is Plan 5MBPS, but after the cap, the speed throttles to 64kbps maximum. :D Believe me you don't want to experience this 64kbps. :D Yeah, our ISPs in the country suck.