Internet Explorer 10 (Preview Version) for Windows 7 to be available in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Internet Explorer 10, the browser that’s currently available for Windows 8 early adopters only, will also arrive on Windows 7 next month. But only as a preview, Microsoft said in a blog post.
The full version, however, will be released at a later date, as the company collects developer and customer feedback to provide the best possible experience.
Internet Explorer 10 is a completely reworked version of the popular browser and comes with a factory-installed version of the Adobe Flash Player.
This means that Microsoft must issue patches whenever a flaw in the Flash Player is discovered. Until now, Microsoft’s browsers were delivered without this plugin, so Adobe was solely responsible for any vulnerability found in its software.

More On: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Internet-Explorer-10-on-Windows-7-Available-in-November-300231.shtml

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Sad news: Looking at the trend, this could be the last IE browser for Windows 7 users.

Good new: IE10 could be more appealing to those who like integrated plugins, such as Flash Player (same as Chrome).

I do have my doubts though:
- What if IE10 doesn't perform and fluid-like as Chrome.

AFP is dying and I know I can watch .MP4 videos online with the Flash Player plug-in disabled, in Chrome, so if that happens with IE10 too, then I'm stuck with browser with a dormant plugin.

Thanks for the news though, Samit. :D

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Earth said:
Sad news: Looking at the trend, this could be the last IE browser for Windows 7 users.

I think it's an attempt to force users to migrate to the new OS. I don't think there's any technical reason that their new browser couldn't support Windows 7. (Even XP, for that matter...)

I think they're going to find that a browser isn't enough to make people switch.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
if the trend goes on..soon IE will lose all the market shares....everyone won't migrate to new OS just for the shake for new internet explorer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.