Internet problem after installing Bitdefender

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalwareFire

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
Hi some one have problem with connection when install bitdefender? like sometime internet crash, sometimes doest load completely the pages?

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I was using Bitdefender Total Security 2015 and I had connection issues. I was unable to connect online via Google Chrome and my wifi connection kept dropping out. As soon as I removed Bitdefender everything was back to normal - terrible product

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
It is a common problem that BitDefender causes problems on internet connections... esp. via wifi. That is the reason why I uninstalled it. I was beginning to like it since it is light.

Reactions: Kent
Y

yigido

I was using Bitdefender Total Security 2015 and I had connection issues. I was unable to connect online via Google Chrome and my wifi connection kept dropping out. As soon as I removed Bitdefender everything was back to normal - terrible product
It is a common problem that BitDefender causes problems on internet connections... esp. via wifi. That is the reason why I uninstalled it. I was beginning to like it since it is light.
I liked your posts guys. Sorry I have limited likes to give.
Have a good day :)

Reactions: Kent

Bernynhel

Oct 31, 2014
loss of connectivity and network/wifi issues after installing bitdefender? consider yourself lucky! check this out!

bitdefender total security 2015 (bd) let astromenda malware (astro) on my pc and then a full system scan not only didnt fix it but the malware basically gave bd a major spanking even going so far that the bd scan could not produce a scan log or any evidence that it ever performed any scan at all - and this is immediately after the scan completed declaring that i was "protected" - if thats protected i shudder to think what kind of contraceptives bd is using!

so when i tried to contact bd support, their support tool was immediately crushed by astro - the progression bar never moved and the status indicators went immediately from "1. welcome" to "5. finish" which means that it skipped "2. confirm details 3. issue type and 4. reproduce issue" stopping with the "finish" indicator highlighted but the "continue" tile at the bottom still grayed out, inactive and it stayed that way when i left it to go out and with no change when i got back over an hour later. i had reproduced the issue, astro's home page, and was running the support tool on top of it as requested. so bd's support tool was rendered entirely flaccid along with their sec suite.

so i emailed bd and attached a .jpg of astro that i photographed with a digicam since i couldnt make a screen capture of astro and here is their reply:

"Dear William Bernstein,

Thank you for contacting Bitdefender. In order to respond to your Customer Care request, ticket no: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, we ask that you please provide us the below data, depending on the situation you encountered:

SITUATION 1: Bitdefender found an infection on your computer and for some reason didn't manage to remove the infected file.
REQUESTED ACTION: Run a System Scan and send us the resulting scan report.
You can find all the steps on how to do that in our article: (link)

SITUATION 2: You believe your computer is infected and the Bitdefender System Scan didn't find the infection
REQUESTED ACTION: Send us the following information in order to assist you:

a) a BDsys log. In order to generate the log, please follow the steps from our article: (link)

b) one or more screenshots displaying the effects of the infection

c) a detailed description of the situation"

(I added the red to the font)

i already told them it was astromenda, sent them a picture and they obviously had dealt with this kind of thing before since the only focus of their boiler plate reply email involves only 2 situations: 1.bd's inability to remove an infected file and 2. bd's inability to even find an infected file so why is bd messing with me??? cuz believe me, bd, i am not the one!

shortly thereafter i opened the settings in my google chrome for some unrelated thing and guess what greeted me there? that's right! a big popup informing me that, "Chrome detected that some of your settings were corrupted by another program and reset them to their original defaults.(link)"

seriously? bd?? and you need me to gather what and send it where? well i may have a suggestion or two of my own about what bd can gather and even where they can stuff it so it will be protected, too.

at that point i simply googled "astromenda" and in the 34,899,606 links on the 1st page of results alone, were an equal amount of friendly people and places all ready to help me get rid of astro immediately and i wouldnt even have to do or send them anything to get them to stop pretending that they dont already know exactly what astromenda is!!!

and one of those fine places was MalwareTips where I have learned through reading a few hundred similar posts and threads that all of my months of network and connectivity agony and aggravation and, at one point an entire day of work lost because i had felt that i needed to contact my isp and upgrade to their ultra-for-idiot-savant-geeks-only-extreme internet service and the new modem I had to install took all day to acquire its activation code was due directly to my bd settings!

not settings i selected. not even settings i was instructed to make because i bought bd because they said i could be on "autopilot" and could just go about my little daily doings and id never even know they were there, working hard for me, keeping me protected.

w
ell, at least they got part of that right! the part where i had no idea what could possibly be wrong with my network situation because, you see, the problems didnt start when i installed bd as they apparently had with our lucky friend, the op, here. they evolved over time, thanks to bd's autopilot "getting to know you" period. its just too bad that while bd's autopilot was getting to know me that it never understood that im a sole user with one profile at home where i live alone using the same desktop and a wi fi laptop on a secured router and that there was never any need for any of the ultra-paranoid settings bd's autopilot took upon itself to impose on my daily browsing on sites like youtube and effing ebay

all of this ive discovered since joining this site a couple of days ago. lucky me.

so ill be demanding a refund from bd on the 263 days i have left and putting that towards kapersky - something i should have done from the gate and something that doesnt get up in my wifi and network business, i recommend that anyone reading this here or at the next 20,000 places i intend to paste this do, similarly

how about that, bd?

and whats up with your safepay? i never even enabled it or added it to any browser extension or plug in but every time i log in to online banking or try to order some internet stuff or even buy a ball cap online, there's the little safe pay pop up every time with its tongue hanging out like one of those little dogs thats always trying to hump a leg.

ifacedown, youd learn to be light too if you had any hopes of being tolerated for all this other crap bds always putting down

i know ill never get any of my life back that was wasted on bd but at least i wont be squandering any more of it

thanks all MalwareTips posters for everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.