Is there a need to have both MBAM Premium & Unhackme Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorje

Thread author
Verified
Feb 15, 2014
I got both Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware Premium (from pocket) & Unhackme Premium (from giveaway) .

My question, is there a need to run both or just one?

If one,which is it and why is that so ?

Thank you very much.

(As "english" is not my mother tongue, so please pardon me for my poor language if there are any .)

Specs of my machine.....

Acer Aspire Z5771 Touch Screen
Win 7 Home Premium SP1 64Bits
Intel Core i7-3770S
CPU@3.10GHz
8 GB RAM

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
I'll not suggest both (it's just not necessary to have similar type of protections more than one), mbam is pretty enough you can sometimes use to scan unhackme if you wish may be once a month.

dorje

Thread author
Verified
Feb 15, 2014
I'll not suggest both (it's just not necessary to have similar type of protections more than one), mbam is pretty enough you can sometimes use to scan unhackme if you wish may be once a month.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Meaning to say, mbam is actually much better than unhackme, is that so?

Please correct me if i am wrong ?

Reactions: Tani

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
MBAM Premium is far better than Unhackme. Unhackme protects you mainly against specific type of malware namely "rootkits".If you want you can run them side by side but it is not advisable.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I suggest to choose one as a scanner and other one for realtime protection since considered both are not antivirus and focus on recent threats nowadays. (MBAM Premium and UnhackMe (scanner) )

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Agree with Tani, scot, and jamescv7.

dorje, your English reads as well, and in some aspects better, than many native English speakers. In other words, I wouldn't have known if you hadn't revealed this.;)

Somewhat off topic, your system specs are Super!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent and scot

dorje

Thread author
Verified
Feb 15, 2014
MBAM Premium is far better than Unhackme. Unhackme protects you mainly against specific type of malware namely "rootkits".If you want you can run them side by side but it is not advisable.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Points noted !

dorje

Thread author
Verified
Feb 15, 2014
Agree with Tani, scot, and jamescv7.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

dorje, your English reads as well, and in some aspects better, than many native English speakers. In other words, I wouldn't have known if you hadn't revealed this.;)

Thank you very much for your kind compliment.

Though felt flattered but in reality, actually not so true.

Some what off topic, your system specs are Super!:D

Is a 2 yrs old machine, but it still rocks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.