Help Me Decide Internet/Total Security Suite of the Year 2017 [Nominations Thread]

[BET POLL] By what margin will the 2017 IS/TS suite winner beat the 2nd place?

• Total voters

jackuars

Level 22
Verified
As the Free Antivirus of the Year nominations are underway let's see how their paid counterparts fare.
  • The winner will be decided in 2 PHASES.
  • This thread will be a NOMINATION THREAD.The 5 most nominated products from this thread will be considered for the POLL THREAD in the next phase
  • How many products can you nominate? : You can nominate atmost 2 products [only free]. It can be Internet security or Total Security products
  • This thread will be closed on 23-12-2017 and a new poll thread will be opened for the second phase from 23-12-2017 to 29-12-2017.
  • The WINNER will be declared on 30st Dec 2017.
Am including only IS/TS suite's because technically they will be better than their antivirus counterpart.
Anyways Good luck!

Last edited:

Faybert

Level 22
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
G Data
G Data Internet Security e Emsisoft Anti-Malware, it was with these two that I had the best experience with antivirus, both in performance and protection (both have the best BB in the market), and still have the support of Emsisoft, which is the best. I have two machines and one is G Data and another Emsisoft, I do not change them for nothing :)

Last edited:

Sunshine-boy

Level 26
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
Personally, I found Kaspersky internet security is the best av!it has Ai+cloud+sig+App control(which contains predefined hips rules+anti EXE(if you disable the trust dig signed list option)+friewall+lock down mode(if you enable the Tam)+BB+anti Exploit and more... everything is there! yo, don't need anything with Kaspersky!
My second chose is Eset because it has great cloud and hips and support ofc!

HarborFront

Level 40
Content Creator
Verified
For ISS/TSS one has to look at the capabilities of its FW, HIPS/BB, anti-ARP/DNS/IP/MAC spoofing, ATP, EFI scanning/protection, DDoS detection/protection, process defense system, NetBIOS protection, botnet protection, other network protection features etc. besides its strong malware protection. How many labs conduct tests on these features or does MT Hub here does that to evaluate such features?

If simply selecting an ISS/TSS because it has strong malware protection then might as well choose the AV will do.

BTW, I'm also curious how MT users here select an ISS/TSS.

Last edited:

Umbra

Level 85
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
For ISS/TSS one has to look at the capabilities of its FW, HIPS/BB, anti-ARP/DNS/IP/MAC spoofing, ATP, EFI scanning/protection, DDoS detection/protection, process defense system, NetBIOS protection, botnet protection, other network protection features etc. besides its strong malware protection. How many labs conduct tests on these features or does MT Hub here does that to evaluate such features?
They don't because classic Home Users/SMBs don't need those features.