Linux
Interests
    • Computers and technology
    • Education (ie. new skills)
    • Gaming

iPetCats

Thread author
Aug 6, 2022
Hi there, I am Bingus! Also known by username iPetCats. I joined MalwareTips because I was looking for an online community which revolved around cyber security. Cyber security (and technology in general) has been a primary interest of mine ever since I was a kid, though I've never had the opportunity to make a career out of it due to personal issues. But I'm hopeful that in the future I'll be able to turn my interest in IT/CS into a career, and maybe even getting into cyber security down the road. To be honest, a big part of the reason I joined was so I can ask for peoples opinions/advice on cyber security, but I'm hoping I might be able to offer some useful opinions to others as well.

One thing to know about me is I love digital privacy and free software! You might be confused if you've seen my security configuration as I'm currently using Windows on my main PC, which is arguably the worst mainstream desktop operating system to use if you care about privacy and freedom. That being said, this is just the OS I use on my main PC because there are certain programs and features I need which are either not available or not optimized for Linux. However I do use Tails for some sensitive work and I also will be setting up Fedora on my second PC in the near future.