Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Wait – Lavasoft developing a toolbar?

That can’t be right

Yes, it can.

Since the start, Lavasoft’s focus has been to protect your privacy and to build tools that remove annoying malware and spyware programs. Historically, many toolbars have been included in the list of programs we remove. These toolbars used to control the search results, modify user experience and track browsing activities to collect data that would be used to serve aggressive ads – or worse. However, toolbars have evolved and many companies now offer toolbars with useful functionality that enhances your Internet browsing experience.

LavaGuard was developed solely to enhance our user’s security while browsing online. It is a combination of security tools designed to fight phishing, malware exploits and social engineering scams, by checking the websites even before they open on your browser.

Link

The product is in beta stage.

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
They're using OEM G-DATA [BitDefender & Avast] in Lavasoft Total Security, BitDefender is boldly moving away from "traditional" browser toolbars [TrafficLight], Avast has its excellent unobtrusive WebRep [unnoticeable real estate, great speed]. I'd guess this is a re-badged G-DATA Cloud Security?

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Another money making gimmick for PPI (Pay Per Install). Not interested but thanks for letting me know.

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
After looking at G-DATA Cloud Security today [very shortly - not that I didn't want to, there's simply nothing in it to look at], it seems Lavasoft are going their own way, a bit late to the party though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.