Introducing more shopping tips with Cortana in Microsoft Edge

Windows 10: Do you find the shopping tips from Cortana helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 16 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
With Cortana and Microsoft Edge, we hope to continue offering features that will help you save time and money when shopping online using the Microsoft Edge web browser. To that end, we recently released a pilot feature that helps find the best pricing for the product you are viewing. However, Cortana will only notify you if the relevant details are available at the time of your visit. We are just beginning to roll this out to everyone on Windows 10 Creators Update to get feedback. Currently the feature supports 14 retailers including Amazon, Walmart, and eBay, within the US. We will be increasing availability and the number of retailers we support in the months ahead, so stay tuned for more updates.

f3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800-1024x544.jpg

156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f2975b-1024x544.jpg

How it works:

The feature works similar to current Cortana features where you see Cortana display notification in the address bar if there’s helpful information available for the site you’re on. When you visit the site of a supported retailer, Cortana will alert you that there are other options available at a lower price for the same product. Once you click on the Cortana icon, the information will be displayed in the right pane within the same window.

Let us know what you think about the feature. Your feedback is important as we continue to make improvements and add support for other sites.

Source

Reactions: jan13 and enaph

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Hmm most ads are not usefull and harrash you to buy something overmakreting ...
That why i dont use corranta(any way not work with native lang w10) and block all ads how i can do only everywhere... Adguard <3 does job perfect :)

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Currently the feature supports 14 retailers including Amazon, Walmart, and eBay, within the US
Not useful outside of the US (guinea pigs). :p
But I can use Edge to find deals then switch to Chrome to buy something.

@Quassar You can use Reading Mode on some sites.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Yea... some and not even work propertly as should... you will see all text in bulk.
Just block this crop and install adblockers i dont give a sh** with this ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.