Introduction 18yrs experience Mac - Visual Designer - Always learning as much as I can about the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I’m ___ and from
North America
Age group
41 - 50
Last known PC infection
In the past 5 years
Fav. Web Browser
Apple Safari
Fav. Mobile OS
iOS
Fav. Desktop OS
Linux
Fav. Antivirus
ClamXav seemed to work well, Intego I have tried heavy on CPU, Bitdefender seems to find what Intego can't, Webfoot seemed worthless.
Fav. Videogame
Astroids, no actually I enjoyed Ghost Recon years ago. But now too busy.

A andrews

Thread author
Nov 25, 2014
I started on a PC back in 1994, makes me feel uneasy thinking about that. A year or two later a big florescent globe, the iMac was pushed in front of me and I was told to have at it. I was a designer, artist to begin with so it wasn't easy to transition to that round mouse.

Flash forward through every generation OS, and Mac and here I am still on a mac, and most of the design community cohorts at my agencies are as well.

I went years being overconfident that nothing could creep into my computer till it did. There is a long story behind this, that involves 2 city police forensic units, (not reliable at all) and a loss in about 5 computers at home. What creeped in either a rootkit, or stupidity, it all started at work, and I brought the work laptop home once, into my local network. THE END. I will elaborate later on this, because it is a story... Or if anyone is eager to hear. But I am glad I joined and curious to see what else I can learn, thank you moderators for a decent site address concerns.
Much Respect

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Hey @A andrews Welcome to the forum!, glad to have you aboard. Hope we have some good times together, I must confess, you have some excellent writing skills, that story really pulled me in, would really like to hear the rest of it when you have the time and after everything is resolved.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.