Advice Request Intrusta Antivirus - Anyone heard of them?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

RodM1956

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2019

TRIAL HERE:

SAVE 60%
Only $19.99
Renews at $49.99

Just found this: They advertise their capabilities as such.

Next-Gen
AI Powered Protection

• Antivirus engine trusted by 500,000,000 devices
  • Real-Time, Next-Gen AI
  • Malware, Spyware, and Adware protection
  • World-class Customer Support
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Last edited by a moderator:

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
AVELON ADS said:
currently used on 500 million devices

From zero to 500 million in a flash? That is great! Intrusta has more users than Avast or Bitdefender. Can I buy Intrusta stock? With such growth rates it will be worth 10 times as much as Cylance soon. What a great example of an American dream succes story.

P.S.
I am considering a new political party called "equal rights for all green goblins" will you endorse me?

RodM1956

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
From zero to 500 million in a flash? That is great! Intrusta has more users than Avast or Bitdefender. Can I buy Intrusta stock? With such growth rates it will be worth 10 times as much as Cylance soon. What a great example of an American dream succes story.

P.S.
I am considering a new political party called "equal rights for all green goblins" will you endorse me?

some always see the glass half empty, I guess we can't all see it half full...

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
RodM1956 said:
some always see the glass half empty, I guess we can't all see it half full...

So Adware using Bitdefender engine is also trusted by 500+ Million? Zone Alarm using Kaspersky engine is also trusted by 500+ million? Companies should not make those claims when those achievements are not theirs.

To be honest I don't think the glass is half empty, it looks like it is half full of marketing $#!T to me. Lets not comment on the people posting, lets discuss the arguments used in the post.

Last edited:

RodM1956

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
So Adware using Bitdefender engine is also trusted by 500+ Million? Zone Alarm using Kaspersky engine is also trusted by 500+ million? Companies should not make those claims when those achievements are not theirs.

To be honest I don't think the glass is half empty, it looks like it is half full of marketing $#!T to me. Lets not comment on the people posting, lets discuss the arguments used in the post.

NP... I agree

RodM1956

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
NEVER MIND............Seems to be failing 4 different tests at this website, but then of course so does Panda...

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I've looked a a few reviews & most say more or less the same thing with common sentences (I'm sure they don't write their own reviews) The price for the initial install is reasonable the so called renewal is expensive, no firewall for those who like one & I haven't seen a truly independent test on it. The support looks very good, the website leaves much to be desired on information & design. Not for me :)

RodM1956

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
I've looked a a few reviews & most say more or less the same thing with common sentences (I'm sure they don't write their own reviews) The price for the initial install is reasonable the so called renewal is expensive, no firewall for those who like one & I haven't seen a truly independent test on it. The support looks very good, the website leaves much to be desired on information & design. Not for me :)

Well IF I were to buy it, and now I won't after running those tests...I would use Visa, but it would be a 25.00 Visa Gift Card, and then after the first year, I have avoided any and all problems with cancelling an account, because their is nothing remaining on the Visa.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Here we do not trust the old companies with a tradition of protection and we will trust the new American company? And why should I use the unknown company with engine Avira and not to use directly Avira which is a good product with years of experience and testing and recognized value.

RodM1956

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2019

Let's hope they don't that would be wrong

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018

I think Windows_Security is on point here.

There seems to be a credibility gap. I think it's hard to rationalize otherwise.

Now that doesn't mean that it won't end up to be a decent product.... but I think they've issued their own warning about themselves.

Cylance started out deceptive too. But they self-corrected.... they stopped with the wild exaggerations and lies. And Cylance is now a good product.

Nevi

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Trying to find out how well the new antivirus Intrusta would fare, I tried to get a copy a few hours back, and installed it. Then I tried to ran this test: Take The Test - Test Your Metal by Fortinet
Intrusta did not respond to one single of the eicar files.
Then I uninstalled Intrusta, and reinstalled my old AV Eset NOD 32 antivirus. EAV took all the threats with one exception. The PW protected ZIP file.
I then contacted their support with real time chat, and was talking to a very nice guy called Raghav. And no problems, I would get my money back on my account within 5 working days.So their support is very good, but it seems their antivirus engine need some polishing.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Interesting test My computer failed,anyone using another security program besides Eset do well in this test? I have Thou preimium home,SecureAplus and Free Firewall complimenting Windows firewall

Reactions: Nevi and Weebarra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.