Investing in Hitman Pro worth it?

Gangelo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
I have resorted in Windows only built in protection tweaks on all my PC's using Andy Ful's Hard Configurator.
I have been thinking about using a 3rd party scanner for occasional scans (and peace of mind) while leaving Defender to do it's job in the background for real time monitoring.
The only solution that interests me is Hitman Pro. Is it worth buying a 3 year licence plan for my rigs or just use something free like EEK?

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
You can always scanning all your systems with HitmanPro, only removal files requires paid license.

I won't buying licenses for any on-demand-scanner, instead just using EEK or free others like NPE

Totally agree. There are a number of decent options. One could even use WiseVector StopX as on-demand! Ask @Evjl's Rain. (y)

Gangelo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
I won't pay for HMP but I would for HMPA
HMPA is the more 'complete' product but it would probably be overkill to install it in a H_C hardened system.

I would like to thank everyone for the feedback, I finally settled with EEK which is tried and tested. I also like that it is actually portable which gives me the ability to copy the whole folder of the application on a stick if I want to scan another system for troubleshooting.

Gangelo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
H_C isn't an anti-exploit, so HMPA will complement it (for those allergic to Windows 10 Exploit Guard).
I see your point but having Windows Exploit guard in use and the system hardened is good enough for me personally. I don't want to add layers upon layers of exploit protection.
I want to keep everything KISS.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.