IObit Malware Fighter 3 Pro (PCMag Review)

Discussion in 'IObit' started by Spawn, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Spawn

Spawn Administrator
    Staff Member Content Creator

Jan 8, 2011
    PCMag Review: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2477847,00.asp
    IObit Malware Fighter 3 PRO - Editor's rating: 0.5 / 5 (Dismal)

Pros
    Attractive user interface.​

Cons
    Not tested by independent labs. Incredibly terrible score in our hands-on malware-blocking test. Zero-percent protection in malicious-URL-blocking test.​

Bottom Line
    Every other antivirus product we've tested is a better choice than IObit Malware Fighter 3 Pro. Don't even think about purchasing this turkey.​

Test Results: Absolutely the Worst
    None of the independent testing labs include IObit in their evaluations, so I have to rely solely on my hands-on tests. The two IObit products are the first that I've reviewed since updating my malware collection, so their results can't necessarily be compared directly with those of other products. However, Malware Fighter's performance was so bad that the difference really doesn't matter.

With some antivirus products, on-access scanning kicks in as soon as Windows Explorer displays a file's information. With others, a click is enough to trigger that scan. Others require a serious attempt at file access. For example, copying a file to a new location is what triggers a scan by the real-time component of Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus.

Malware Fighter doesn't do a single thing until the program actually starts to launch, and even then, it missed most of my sample malware. It even allowed a ransomware program to completely take over the test system.​

Forget This Product
    As attractive as its user interface may be, IObit Malware Fighter 3 Pro is without a doubt the worst anti-malware solution I've seen. I really don't understand why the company continues to offer it, not when they have another similar product that actually works.
    IObit Homepage: http://www.iobit.com/malware-fighter-pro.php

roger_m, Exterminator, scot and 4 others like this.
  2. viktik

viktik Level 24

Sep 17, 2013
    Unoccupied
    Hazaribagh
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Yes it is the worst.

scot likes this.
  3. frogboy

frogboy Level 61
    Trusted

Jun 9, 2013
    Heavy Duty Mechanic.
    Western Australia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Sorry not worth downloading this one thanks anyway.

scot and Sr. Normal like this.
  4. scot

scot Level 8

Dec 5, 2014
    Presently one of the worst available out there.

5. Exterminator

Exterminator Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2012
    USA
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    It does have an attractive GUI other than that it provides nothing. I wouldnt even read a review however this review was entertaining.Hopefully this will open some eyes and prevent some from relying on this software as protection.

scot likes this.
  6. Cch123

Cch123 Level 7

May 6, 2014
    Their interface is not even unique anyway, to me it seems like a Bitdefender interface clone.