Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 26, 2015
Download From MajorGeeks

What's New

+ Added the world’s leading Bitdefender anti-virus & anti-malware engine for more comprehensive protection.

+ New IObit anti-malware engine for more deeply and efficiently threat detecting and removing.

+ A 10X larger database supports the removal of over 100 million hidden malware and viruses.

+ Dramatically enhanced the scan speed by adopting cache scan mechanism.

+ Minimize the resource usage during threat scanning and removing for smoother PC experience

+ New quarantine method for more effective deletion and easier restore.

+ New UI, simpler and easier to use.

+ Enhanced Browser Protect for safer and smoother browsing.

+ Fully support with Windows 10.

There is an option NOT to install Bitdefender anti-virus engine when you start the install. If you wish not to install that engine, you can uncheck the available checkbox.

NOTE : Installing Bitdefender engine will disable Windows Defender.

Soucre: IObit Malware Fighter 4 Beta 1.0 (4.0.0.28) is released! [October 29, 2015] - IObit.Com Forums

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Great antimalware program! 3/50 items detected!
Seriously, IOBIT dosen't do anything, all of their products don't do anything.
This is a BETA product, don't expect it to work at 100%.

Can you post the link of the samples and results of other anti-malware scanners? (De-link, if required).

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
A nice move to make their software less useless by adding some well known Bitdefender Engine, looks legit. Why would anyone bother? Get Emsisoft then, has Bitdefender engine and is not a piece of crap; plus a solid BB module.

KokoKid

Level 4
Verified
Sep 27, 2015
I tried the 3.0 a long time ago. (3 months ago)

They were less then 30 day samples, Avast got 57/60, MalwareFighter got 3/60. Maybe this version changes things a bit, but I doubt it. I Don't have a link because its so long ago.
This is a BETA product, don't expect it to work at 100%.

Can you post the link of the samples and results of other anti-malware scanners? (De-link, if required).

truemax

Level 1
Verified
Oct 29, 2015
I know this is going to sound stupid but i never used IOBIT products, is IOBIT legit antivirus software? because i never used it, and i red an article which states that IOBIT comes with virus inside. Sorry for stupid question

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@truemax: Iobit's Malware Fighter is a legitimate security product, the thing makes it worse is due to their in-house engine.

-----------

So I'm not surprise, that's the end of drought performance however they fail to incorporate their own techniques.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
They were less then 30 day samples, Avast got 57/60, MalwareFighter got 3/60. Maybe this version changes things a bit, but I doubt it. I Don't have a link because its so long ago.

As for your claim of "detected 3/50, but don't have the link to the samples", I say you strongly dislike IObit software and will do anything to discredit their software / reputation.

It's also very convenient that the link for the samples doesn't exist, even though the Beta product was released less than 2 days ago.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Looking for link right now.
If you're having any issues contact your ISP, so they can ring up the NSA/GCHQ to access your web history, to assist for the 2 day old link.:p

Reactions: KokoKid

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I the free version 3.0 on my VM. I have video proff.
The problem is on your end. In case you hadn't released but this Beta is for IObit Malware Fighter version 4, not 3. And if it was tested a month ago, why are you posting it here. :rolleyes:

Ludditus

Level 1
Verified
Aug 12, 2015
I tried to post a detailed review of something some time ago, but my comment has been deleted because I said some members can be a bit idiots for doing or saying a certain thing.

Now I guess this comment is gonna be wiped too, BUT I HAD to say it.

IOBit Malware Fighter VERSION 3 was indeed totally useless.

THIS IS VERSION 4 Beta, which is tremendously different BECAUSE it adds Bitdefender signatures.

And yes, I've tested it.

And yes, whoever says it detects 3/50 should go to hell.

Reactions: roger_m and KokoKid
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.