Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
IObit just release Smart Defrag version 2.

Foreman_11818718_7877_defrag_540x363.jpg

CNET said:
There are plenty of downloadable defrag utilities to choose from, but it's hard to beat the ease of use and helpful extras in IOBit's Smart Defrag.

With this utility you can quickly analyze your hard drive to check the level of defragmentation before committing to a scan. The interface shows you different colored blocks representing fragmented files, frequently used files, and more, with a helpful key to show what each colored block represents.

When you're ready to pull the trigger, you can choose from a straight defragmentation (fastest), or have Smart Defrag perform either a fast or "deep" optimization after defragmentation. Our test machine has a rather full hard drive, so even using the fast optimization took close to 40 minutes. Depending on your hard drive and level of defragmentation, your mileage may vary.

In addition to the solid defragmentation tools, you can have Smart Defrag automatically defrag the files you use the most without significantly slowing down your system. Even while performing a full defragmention and optimization run, the program barely uses as much as 25MB of RAM, and with just the auto-defrag running continually, it uses about half that amount.

Smart Defrag offers a few extras, including a scheduler so you can set it up to only defrag during downtime on your computer. You can set it to run scans on bootup or even have the app shut down your computer when it's done defragging selected hard drives or partitions.

It's important to note that Smart Defrag is not as essential for those running Windows 7 because the OS defrags continually on it's own. But if you run external drives connected to a Windows 7 computer, this utility will still come in handy for keeping them running smoothly.

More Info and Download

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Right now I'm using Auslogics Disk Defrag...but I will try it..I'm sure that CNET review isn't very accurate since they are hosting the download and probably just want to move up the "downloads number"......But I will try it and report back :D

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Not sure that I will trust anything by IObit for a while. Even if I did, I would probably choose other defragmenters....if I would choose any at all.

Linuxfever

Jan 11, 2011
LaserWraith said:
Not sure that I will trust anything by IObit for a while. Even if I did, I would probably choose other defragmenters....if I would choose any at all.
Same here.I can't use anything that IObit makes because I simply don't trust them.
Right now , I'm using Auslogics Disk Defrag and it's good.

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
Neither do i! They can do more harm sometimes then good if they are not optimized for the OS you work on. Most of them are in a beta phase that developers won't announce like in an antivirus product.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Been using since the finial release and honestly its the best out there for free. Awesome GUI plus boot defrag.

ViPirate

Level 1
Jun 15, 2011
Jack said:
IObit just release Smart Defrag version 2.

Foreman_11818718_7877_defrag_540x363.jpg

CNET said:
There are plenty of downloadable defrag utilities to choose from, but it's hard to beat the ease of use and helpful extras in IOBit's Smart Defrag.

With this utility you can quickly analyze your hard drive to check the level of defragmentation before committing to a scan. The interface shows you different colored blocks representing fragmented files, frequently used files, and more, with a helpful key to show what each colored block represents.

When you're ready to pull the trigger, you can choose from a straight defragmentation (fastest), or have Smart Defrag perform either a fast or "deep" optimization after defragmentation. Our test machine has a rather full hard drive, so even using the fast optimization took close to 40 minutes. Depending on your hard drive and level of defragmentation, your mileage may vary.

In addition to the solid defragmentation tools, you can have Smart Defrag automatically defrag the files you use the most without significantly slowing down your system. Even while performing a full defragmention and optimization run, the program barely uses as much as 25MB of RAM, and with just the auto-defrag running continually, it uses about half that amount.

Smart Defrag offers a few extras, including a scheduler so you can set it up to only defrag during downtime on your computer. You can set it to run scans on bootup or even have the app shut down your computer when it's done defragging selected hard drives or partitions.

It's important to note that Smart Defrag is not as essential for those running Windows 7 because the OS defrags continually on it's own. But if you run external drives connected to a Windows 7 computer, this utility will still come in handy for keeping them running smoothly.

More Info and Download

Hi... Sorry Jack?
:( Can I ask what we should tolk about?

D

Deleted member 178

it is a thread about the product, have you tried it, you liked it or not, why, etc...

Personally i have tried it and found it efficient.

p.s: it is about the product itself not the company and its drama with MBAM

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
bogdan said:
I'm fine with my current product (Auslogics Disk Defrag).

2nd this

Also i have used smart defrag 2 already and found it OK but not good enough.

I do not really trust it also, considering their record, I don't want to risk anything important being deleted etc...

If i see better actions in the future, i may try out their future products. But long time before that will happen for me.

That's my opinion/experience..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not interested. Happy with the in Windows 7 as well as it can detect new drives connected to your PC.

ViPirate

Level 1
Jun 15, 2011
Thanks @umbrapolaris.
Yes it is. Is really a good software. Then we can say that cain of program, is not a first need. On other hand, if we use an optimizer to help us, the defragers come an extra tool on our computers. Its all about what we are doing, and what will be used with the workstation, I mean if we do not use mutch the computer, we really dont need it.

D

Deleted member 178

Since i used Windows, i always felt the need to clean it, defragment it and optimize it. those tasks become a habit ^^

D Bone

May 28, 2011
SD 2 works better on my machine then W7, Auslogics or Defraggler. It's the only program that I can actually feel a speed difference. Not at all bothered by all of the MBAM drama. Not one bit.

davhag64

Jun 7, 2011
LaserWraith said:

I agree in some ways. IObit seems to always mess my computer up. Every time I have used it, I usually have to redo my computer. I could be just dumb with this software but I have tried both Pro and free version. But it scares me sometime. Like TuneUp Utilities better.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.