IObit Software Updater Thread - New Version 3

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I don't care about iobit reputation, only the product, and this one as many other updaters are worthless and often expose the lazy user to more issues than a manual updating.
what about patch my Pc portable and effective did you try before ??

Allan Fibecker

Mar 6, 2017
Iobit got this bad reputation way back, when they copied MalwareBytes AntiMalware's virus data base. However, they have made outstanding software. Their Uninstaller is among the best, you can get, and I don't avoid their software any longer. Cheers, and thanks for the tip - even I'm a bit late :)

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
what about patch my Pc
One of the best apps I have ever found. 3 apps updated within a minute, otherwise I would have to download, run and then remove them, it would take min 5 mins. Not to mention, that after installing Windows, it downloads and installs the latest versions of pre-selected software saving time.

Attachments

• capture_01122019_144951.jpg
    capture_01122019_144951.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 522
  • capture_01122019_145221.jpg
    capture_01122019_145221.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 476

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
One of the best apps I have ever found. 3 apps updated within a minute, otherwise I would have to download, run and then remove them, it would take min 5 mins. Not to mention, that after installing Windows, it downloads and installs the latest versions of pre-selected software saving time.
Only updater I use and will ever recommend. Gotta try this though.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
secunia PSI
God, I hated Secuina with such a passion. It took so goddamn long to scan for outdated software and just as long, if not longer, to install the up-to-date version. Then you go and update the same software manually and it takes like ¼ of the time. :emoji_expressionless:

Reactions: DDE_Server

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Besides Secunia only updated vulnerabilities, if the software did not state any, the update was ignored, though it could have contained undisclosed.
Huh. I did not know that. Guess that explains why it always told me almost all non-widely used software was up-to-date even when it wasn't.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Another alternative to IOBIT is UCheck which comes from maker of RogueKiller. That's how I found it, it's embedded in the scanner and it found a Shockwave flash player update before Firefox, for example. It takes about 83 MB space on the hard drive. On here, scanning is only a few seconds.

Never fully trusted IOBIT again.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.