Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Ok

can I clean the registry in without happen any problem with my pc ??

like Umbra said CCleaner is very good.When you perform a registry scan and click "Fix selected issues" before it does it will ask you to backup,click yes and save.I have to only restore from a backup once and have been using this for many,many years

Reactions: Littlebits

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
thank you

but I know ccleaner is tool for clean only not full app for optimize the computer
Personally I tend to stay away from those programs that claim to optimize your PC.I would rather do this myself and know exactly what is being changed.If you research it enough you will find how to do what you want to accomplish.
Sometimes these all in one cleaner/optimizer programs can remove important items from your PC if you are not really careful.
CCleaner removes temp/junk files,Invalid registry entries(with backup option),allows you to change startup programs as well as context menu items.
Regular cleaning with CCleaner and Defragmenting your PC can go a long way in keeping your PC running smooth.

Reactions: kevin

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
There's no miracle app that can turbocharge your computer. Keeping it clean, with only the programs you need running, and properly defragged will do more for your performance. Use MyDefrag if you want to optimize your hard drive, my scripts make it more powerful and easier to use. Those are my suggestions for improved performance.

About registry cleaning, CCleaner is good because it is not too aggressive. If you have a specific problem, then going into the registry can help, but that's only if you really know what you're doing, that is, leave that to experts. So if you do all those things above and still have performance issues, we could help you investigate more causes and solutions.

D

Deleted member 178

thank you

but I know ccleaner is tool for clean only not full app for optimize the computer

Optimizing your computer via softwares will give a gain of 1sec not more in boot time, almost nothing visible in access time and may mess up your system.

Windows defrag itself quite well

D

Deleted member 178

Wise365 is good but it didnt gave me any visible performance gains, i just use it for its "system slimming" to remove easily Windows Update installation files. I use the portable version.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Yes, Wise Care 365 is good. You can use the install version with no problems. To show you the boot time, it uses a single exe that is launched on boot, shows boot time, and then closes. If you want the 365 itself to load on boot, it's another setting. So this program won't be running in the background all the time (like PC Faster does).

PVA_BR

Level 4
Verified
Jan 4, 2014
I don't like baidu's softwares (my opinion is just my opinion. No one needs to think the same ;):D) . And I never used Iolo System Mechanic.
I usually run Tune Up Utilities (with the reg cleaner module turned off:p). Tune Up Utilities can defragment registry and HDs, fix some common problems and disable programs that I don't use every day, speeding up the system, cutting boot time, etc. For cleaning the registry, as other users here, I would recommend CCleaner! :D

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I got CCEnhancer but I leave most things unchecked because I don't know if there's a downside to letting them be removed. Is there a tutorial to help people decide what to check or uncheck on CCleaner and CCenhancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.