iOS 7 For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Following the announcement of OS X Mavericks, the new MacBook Air line and the long-awaited Mac Pro, Apple CEO Tim Cook returned to the stage to announce iOS 7. Describing it as "the biggest change to iOS since the introduction of iPhone," he then played through a video in which Jony Ive described attention to design detail the Cupertino has afforded the next-gen mobile OS. In line with the rumors and speculation, the OS is much flatter and cleaner than ever before, but when Craig Federighi switched places on stage to offer an in-depth analysis, it soon became apparent that iOS 7 is a great deal more than a lick of paint.

Some have accused the fruit company of lacking innovation, but this time around, it is clear Apple has listened to some of the long-standing complaints and quibbles of those using the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch software.

0em5dUv.jpg

Source & Read more.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Looks like = iOS + Icons from dA

Imran

Level 1
Feb 27, 2012
iOS 7 announced: new look, Siri, multitasking, toggles and more

iOS 7 brings a brand new look for the operating system with flatter icons and UI elements. All system icons are redesigned around a standardized grid to unify the look. It also brings animated wallpapers (not quite live wallpapers) and there's a dynamic parallax effect between the icons and the wallpaper as you turn and tilt your phone.

gsmarena_001.jpg

gsmarena_002.jpg

gsmarena_003.jpg

More Pictures and Freatures

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
A few years ago, Apple iPhone was a statement of innovation, but looking at the iOS 7 change log, it really makes me wonder where all that "cool factor" has gone.
At this point, all that Apple has to offer, is their brand name (which is still pretty cool), however when it comes to the actual phone, comparing an iPhone with a Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One, is just pure madness. The iPhone has not one chapter, where it can beat those high end phones.

I really hope that the new iPhone and iOS 7 will bring something more than what's currently on the table (maybe starting with a larger display), because if not there are some gray days ahead for Apple.

Imran

Level 1
Feb 27, 2012
Not all iOS 7 features will be coming to older iDevices

iOS 7 brings a plethora of new upgrades and improvements, and is by Apple's own admission the largest update since the introduction of the operating system. It introduced many features like camera filters, AirDrop cloud sharing, as well as updates to Siri and the new iTunes Radio.

Unfortunately, not all Apple devices will be getting the latest and greatest from Apple, and many of the older iDevices that are getting it, won't be getting the full set of features.

Capture.png

thetechguy

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
Jack said:
A few years ago, Apple iPhone was a statement of innovation, but looking at the iOS 7 change log, it really makes me wonder where all that "cool factor" has gone.
At this point, all that Apple has to offer, is their brand name (which is still pretty cool), however when it comes to the actual phone, comparing an iPhone with a Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One, is just pure madness. The iPhone has not one chapter, where it can beat those high end phones.

I really hope that the new iPhone and iOS 7 will bring something more than what's currently on the table (maybe starting with a larger display), because if not there are some gray days ahead for Apple.

I disagree. I'm painfully stuck with a Galaxy S3 now because my carrier doesn't have the iPhone (they will later this year). I hate Android with a passion. I use everything else Apple (computers, tablets, mp3 players,) and I can't wait until I can get my iPhone later this year. I love being in the Apple ecosystem a whole lot, everything works seamlessly. I repair PC's but that's where it stops really - I use Apple for everything personal.

I've been using Apples in some way or another since I was about 2. I love the company dearly and I was saddened when Steve passed. I have full faith in Jonathan Ive and his design team.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
iOS 7 Beta 5 released, a new lock screen.

Full Changelog:
http://bgr.com/2013/08/06/ios-7-beta-5-change-log/

G

Guest28

Thread author
Can't wait for the final i have 3 Ipads i have to update. My Iphone to =]

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I was most impressed with the Panorama feature in iOS 7, too bad not many current devices will receive it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's similar to the WP UI, check the Internet for comparison photos.

realraydon

Verified
Sep 6, 2013
well, it looks like a phone for girls~~ i don't like the color and the theme~~~ maybe, my girl will love it~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.