IP/DNS/WebRTC Detect - What are you sending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
This service shows information about you.
This is the kind of information that all the sites you visit, as well as their advertisers and any embedded widget, can see and collect.
  • Your IP Address
  • Your IP address - WebRTC detection
  • DNS Address detection
  • Torrent Address detection
  • Geolocation detection
What is a "WebRTC leaks"?
WebRTC implement STUN (Session Traversal Utilities for Nat), a protocol that allows to discover the public IP address.

What is a "DNS leaks"?
In this context, with "DNS leak" we mean an unencrypted DNS query sent by your system OUTSIDE the established VPN tunnel.

Why my system suffers DNS leaks?
In brief: Windows lacks the concept of global DNS. Each network interface can have its own DNS. Under various circumstances, the system process svchost.exe will send out DNS queries without respecting the routing table and the default gateway of the VPN tunnel, causing the leak.

Should I be worried for a DNS leak?
If you don't want that your ISP, and anybody with the ability to monitor your line, knows the names your system tries to resolve (so the web sites you visit etc.) you must prevent your system to leak DNS. If you feel that you're living in a human rights hostile country, or in any way the above mentioned knowledge may harm you, you should act immediately to stop DNS leaks.

How Does Torrent Detection Work?
To detect data from your torrent client we provide a magnet link to a fake file. The magnet contains an http url of a controlled by us tracker which archives the information coming from the torrent client.

Visit: IP/DNS Detect

IP/DNS/WebRTC Leak Test
IP/DNS/WebRTC Test:

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
This service shows information about you.
This is the kind of information that all the sites you visit, as well as their advertisers and any embedded widget, can see and collect.
  • Your IP Address
  • Your IP address - WebRTC detection
  • DNS Address detection
  • Torrent Address detection
  • Geolocation detection
What is a "WebRTC leaks"?
WebRTC implement STUN (Session Traversal Utilities for Nat), a protocol that allows to discover the public IP address.

What is a "DNS leaks"?
In this context, with "DNS leak" we mean an unencrypted DNS query sent by your system OUTSIDE the established VPN tunnel.

Why my system suffers DNS leaks?
In brief: Windows lacks the concept of global DNS. Each network interface can have its own DNS. Under various circumstances, the system process svchost.exe will send out DNS queries without respecting the routing table and the default gateway of the VPN tunnel, causing the leak.

Should I be worried for a DNS leak?
If you don't want that your ISP, and anybody with the ability to monitor your line, knows the names your system tries to resolve (so the web sites you visit etc.) you must prevent your system to leak DNS. If you feel that you're living in a human rights hostile country, or in any way the above mentioned knowledge may harm you, you should act immediately to stop DNS leaks.

How Does Torrent Detection Work?
To detect data from your torrent client we provide a magnet link to a fake file. The magnet contains an http url of a controlled by us tracker which archives the information coming from the torrent client.

Visit: IP/DNS Detect

IP/DNS/WebRTC Leak Test
IP/DNS/WebRTC Test:

It's an excellent site , no question :)

I have three " go-to " sites when I do first checks on new VPN services .
That one , Doileak , and Whoer

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Decided to test that site on my iphone with Avast SecureMe. And it did an excellent job.
The site detected I was in Florida, that was wrong.

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Thanks for this, very useful!
Tested it with my VPN, seems to work well with no leaks.

Reactions: DardiM

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
No leaks with Firefox, using Norton DNS servers and Disable WebRTC 1.0.11 plugin.
Thanks for the check sites, that's cool :)

Reactions: DardiM and frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I think any VPN algorithm should work for any IP address test site since from the first place, you must experience different server and speed also immediately.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
H

hjlbx

Problem with a lot of on-line banking is that it requires user to show IP info to track user IP address for security purposes; many banks do not permit use of VPN.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Is this accurate with chrome extensions like anonymox? It shows my real ip address under WebRTC detection

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Problem with a lot of on-line banking is that it requires user to show IP info to track user IP address for security purposes; many banks do not permit use of VPN.

@hjlbx

That's a good point .

I keep one browser that is ONLY used for banking .
Any VPN use , or aggressive cookie blocking will upset many banks online systems.
Worse still , they sometimes put a security lock on the account if something "odd" is detected,
ie anything other than a "vanilla" browser.

H

hjlbx

@hjlbx

That's a good point .

I keep one browser that is ONLY used for banking .
Any VPN use , or aggressive cookie blocking will upset many banks online systems.
Worse still , they sometimes put a security lock on the account if something "odd" is detected,
ie anything other than a "vanilla" browser.

Happened to me -- just using Adguard Stealth Mode - which isn't a VPN, but instead only similar to a proxy...

neon

Level 3
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
Happened to me -- just using Adguard Stealth Mode - which isn't a VPN, but instead only similar to a proxy...
Can You write more about adguard ? When I turn on some from adguard I can't read a lot of webpages .

H

hjlbx

Can You write more about adguard ? When I turn on some from adguard I can't read a lot of webpages .

Adguard blocks 3rd party sources (ad & videos) and scripts which breaks some website's functionality + some websites will not work with Stealth Mode - the sites themselves will not work with Stealth Mode.

You can create exceptions (allow) for websites that you wish for this content to not be blocked. Use the Adguard widget. Read the help file...

In the past, Walmart.com wouldn't work correctly with Stealth Mode, but now it seems to be fixed.

Let's not hijack this thread...

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Is this accurate with chrome extensions like anonymox? It shows my real ip address under WebRTC detection
I think it is correct. The only solution for preventing webrtc leakage is installing "WebRTC Network Limiter" --> choose the 4th option --> no more leak
the rest I tested didn't work, for example ublock origin

neon

Level 3
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
Adguard blocks 3rd party sources (ad & videos) and scripts which breaks some website's functionality + some websites will not work with Stealth Mode - the sites themselves will not work with Stealth Mode.

You can create exceptions (allow) for websites that you wish for this content to not be blocked. Use the Adguard widget. Read the help file...

In the past, Walmart.com wouldn't work correctly with Stealth Mode, but now it seems to be fixed.

Let's not hijack this thread...

thanks I will do that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.