HP Envy 14 1087eo

More detailed:
  • CPU: Core i7 720QM 1.6 - 2.8GHz Quad core with hyper-threading
  • RAM: 4 GB DDR3 dual-channel
  • HDD: 500 GB
  • Graphics: ATi Mobility Radeon HD5650 1GB memory
  • Screen: 14" @ 1366 x 768 glossy
Accessories:
  • Samsung SyncMaster P2370HD @ 1080p (doubling as my tv)
  • Prodigy cube external sound card
  • Logitech performance MX mouse
  • Logitech K800 Illuminated wireless keyboard (unified receiver singularity ftw :D )
  • Microsoft cooling pad
  • Sennheiser HD555, klipsh image s4, Bose CQ15 headphones (i have a headphone thing :blush: )

iPanik

Probably.
However, mobile i7's are "supposed" to run a little hot and it has a heat threshold of 100*C. I have never seen over 75* though.

Valentin N

good laptop :) Nice cpu with HT tech. you could try to see if you can get your hands on 2x 4GB 1333MHz, you will feel improvments. Where do you live so that I can give you some link maybe. I would also suggest a laptop cooler if you want.

Regards,
Valentin N

Dieselman

Valentinchen N.....................Laptop coolers are not a cure all. The most a cooler can do for you is drop about 5 degrees off your temp. Thats not worth the price to me. I bought a Zalman 2 years ago. Used it for a month now it just sits in my desk. It raises your laptop up to much. You can gain a few cooler degrees by putting a pencil under your laptop to elevate it more. Most find laptop coolers annoying. There are a million laptops in this world. If an after market cooelr was so necessary then we would all have them. A laptop naturally runs hotter due to passive cooling.

Valentin N

I haven't said that they are a cure all but I find them nice if you don't want something hot on your legs.

Dieselman

If your laptop is that hot then you have other issues. A Zalman cooler is not meant to sit on your legs. Its meant to sit on a desk. There are comfortable coolers to sit on your legs.

iPanik

yep, the very same. :D
I am thinking of adding another 4GB of ram since i am beginning to use a few VMs with work.
I have a cooler that i have on my desk. i got it because my desk is made of wood so the laptop got a bit hot because of it. It gives a great airflow. however i only turn on the fan during stressful tasks, like encoding or long gaming sessions.