iPhone 11 rumors: 4,000mAh battery, 120Hz display, faster wireless charging, more

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Sketchy new reports from Chinese website Weibo claim to offer up some interesting new tidbits regarding Apple’s upcoming iPhone 11. Most interesting is the possibility of a display with a higher refresh rate, similar to the 120Hz rate found on iPad Pro.

The report also calls for a larger, 4,000mAh battery on the Max model, with much faster 15W wireless charging also in tow.

When iPhone 8 and iPhone X launched with Qi wireless charging support, Apple initially only offered 5W as the maximum speed. Through a later iOS update and a capable Qi accessory, 7.5W charging was eventually possible.

However, if these sketchy rumors prove true, iPhone wireless charging rates will be the fastest on the market, surpassing the best offerings from Android. The possibility even remains of Apple repeating the cycle and boosting the max offering above 15W through a future iOS update.

As for the improved display refresh rate, the rumor specifies between “90-120Hz” rather than a surefire 120Hz, indicating Apple might have found a ‘sweet spot’ of sorts between improved refresh rates and battery life.

The rumor further corroborates reports of a triple camera setup on the back. This could mean Apple will house a wide angle, super-wide angle, and a 3X telephoto lens. The last mark is interesting, as Apple’s current telephoto lens defaults to a 2X zoom.

Previous iPhone 11 rumors have called for a smaller notch, an improved 10MP selfie camera, and of course, a widely improved 14MP triple camera rear setup. As for whether USB-C will finally make its way to iPhone or Lightning will last another year remains to be seen, however.

These claims should be treated with a healthy dose of skepticism, like most iPhone rumors this early in the year. Nevertheless, the claims offer some conversational topics for the 2019 iPhones. What do you think we’ll see come September? Let us know in the comments down below!

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Jesus Christ, this thing will start at $2,000 I bet.

Yup, all to make it look better than the competition. Their pricing model will eventually fail them at some point, if it hasn't already.

They've copied best features from razer,samsung,huawei etc.. in my view I'd price it just 300-400$ for 128gb model.
That's were it should be priced, but with Apple being Apple they will price it way higher than it needs to be in order to make it appear that its better. Sad part is, it works so they will continue down this road. As I said above, I feel like it will be their down fall at some point. If they want to increase sales, here's a genius idea, lower the price to what it should actually be worth, pressure the competition. It's their pricing model that's having an impact on their overall sales because people are getting tired of paying top dollar for mediocre upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I believe their pricing scheme is starting to fail already... their sales are down 50% in India, for instance.

Apple now is like a luxury brand more than technology innovation brand. Tim Cook is no good than Steve Job.

First the current IPhone names though.......Steve Job is probably rolling in his grave like " Really? Could ya come up with a better name?"

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I believe their pricing scheme is starting to fail already... their sales are down 50% in India, for instance.
Not really because everyone's happy with older iphones and are happy after getting battery replacements done at 30$.
Apple now is like a luxury brand more than technology innovation brand. Tim Cook is no good than Steve Job.

First the current IPhone names though.......Steve Job is probably rolling in his grave like " Really? Could ya come up with a better name?"
You can own a Ferrari or Bentley but iPhone is still considered expensive.

Reactions: mlnevese and Nevi

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
It will never be cheap as long as Samsung charges like $200 per OLED panel because they have to cut it around the notch which reduces yield.

Reactions: Vasudev

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.