Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The first photo of what is believed to be the iPhone 7 have surfaced on Chinese social media site Weibo.

While rumours have been circulating the internet for months, the image is believed to be the first of the actual handset, reported9to5Mac.

iphone7-xlarge_trans++tM3ZXxV42fQENILgObxjOFzt7SZsQQ7h3oKyATfgi0w.jpg

The photo of what appears to be the iPhone 7, features redesigned plastic antenna bands CREDIT: WEIBO
The unit's minor redesign appears to be largely in line with previous reports that Apple has done away with the horizontal plastic antenna strips which run across the width of the handset's top and bottom, instead running only along the edges.

The bands are necessary for the handset to be able to make and receive phone calls, but it's largely believed that Apple's design team are not big fans of the way they break up the aluminium body, and have been trying to minimise and cover them up for some time.

Read more: iPhone 7: Leaked photos reveal details of Apple's next handset

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Alright I'm not surprised as they target to improve and enhance from camera which definitely and honestly you don't need to buy a professional camera.* But of course Iphone its not only for camera so expect improvement on the hardware and battery life.

* This is my view but of course the price of Iphone cannot be justified where you can have professional camera within descent price.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I like it :) Looking forward to buy a new one by the end of the year (also time to get a new contract), maybe this one will be there 'till then :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Goodbye 7S Plus: Hello iPhone Pro
Forget 7s Plus. The iPhone Pro could be imminent, analyst says
Apple's suppliers dropped hints that the iPhone is moving away from the "numbered" cycle, and toward an iPhone Pro, according to a new research note released this week.

Apple is likely to join the shift toward organic LED (OLED) smartphone screens, a Pacific Crest supply-chain check revealed Thursday. That, combined with an all-glass casing, could signal enough an overhaul that the iPhone 7s Plus might merit a more emotive name, like iPhone Pro, wrote the authors of the note.

"We would view a move away from numbered iPhones positively, as it would free up development time and help Apple maintain differentiation through its iPhone product lineup based on marketing and appearance," the analysts wrote. "These are more sustainable differentiators than technology, in our view, because they appeal to consumers' vanity and desire for status."

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I still have a plan on owning a iPhone 5S even after the release of 6x series. So that makes me clear that I even do not bother about 7 series. The only thing that is stopping me is my current Windows Phone:p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I still have a plan on owning a iPhone 5S even after the release of 6x series. So that makes me clear that I even do not bother about 7 series. The only thing that is stopping me is my current Windows Phone:p
Make sure you get a good deal on at least an iPhone 5S 32GB, or the newer iPhone SE 64GB. 16GB isn't sufficient for most people who use their phones daily, and I haven't seen 32GB for the SE model.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Make sure you get a good deal on at least an iPhone 5S 32GB, or the newer iPhone SE 64GB. 16GB isn't sufficient for most people who use their phones daily, and I haven't seen 32GB for the SE model.
Yup I would go with a 32GB variant , may be this Diwali ! SE is a lot expensive here and I dont see any positiveness in owning it. I will be satisfied with 5S.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The word label for Iphone does not matter, its importance where people expect new features and different design. Price never an issue for such avid user, since some 'telco' offers promo for newly release products.

A

Alkajak

I believe the 2 lenses are only for the larger display variant. New rumours today about Apple eliminating the 16GB option from the iPhone 7. Hopefully this means the return of a 32GB option, they should have never gotten rid of it.

rigor

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2016
I believe the 2 lenses are only for the larger display variant. New rumours today about Apple eliminating the 16GB option from the iPhone 7. Hopefully this means the return of a 32GB option, they should have never gotten rid of it.
So you mean they were planning on doing 16/64/128 before? I have the 16GB variant of iPhone 6 Plus and it is fine for me since I don't take a lot or pictures or store music on it. For people that do however they need atleast the 32GB one.

A

Alkajak

Rumor: Apple Gives Up on iPhone 7 Dual-Camera Due to Technical Issues

One of the biggest changes expected on the upcoming iPhone 7 was the dual-camera configuration, which, according to previous leaks and people with knowledge of the matter, was supposed to be installed on the bigger Plus model.

But according to a new report coming from MobiPicker and citing “internal sources,” Apple has decided to abandon the dual cameras on the iPhone 7 generation and will instead go for a bigger and improved camera unit as compared to the existing 6s models.

Before anything, it’s very important to keep in mind that this is just an unconfirmed rumor, and it can very well be fake. But at the same time, confirmation that dual cameras will be packed on the iPhone 7 has never been offered, so it’s better not to take anything for granted until Apple itself comments on the next model’s features.

The dual cameras were supposed to be the main feature making a difference between the standard 4.7-inch iPhone and the Plus version, so if Apple indeed drops them from the future lineup, it’ll be really hard to find a reason to purchase the bigger device, given the similarities between the two.

A bigger camera on the 4.7-inch model
That’s the case with the current iPhone models, as the 6s and 6s Plus come with similar cameras, although the latter does feature OIS. A bigger battery and display make the Plus a better buy for those in search for such things.

But starting with the iPhone 7 generation, Apple was believed to be looking into ways to make a bigger difference between its models, and the dual cameras were meant to help draw this line. Previous reports indicated that the 4.7-inch iPhone would only get a bigger camera sensor, but this would obviously not offer the performance of a dual-camera setup.

The aforementioned source claims Apple took this dramatic decision because of “some technical difficulties” that were not disclosed.

In the end, it’s very clear that the closer we get to the official release date of the iPhone 7, the more rumors reach the web, so just make sure you don’t take everything for granted.

Full Article: Rumor: Apple Gives Up on iPhone 7 Dual-Camera Due to Technical Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.