Battle iPhone SE Vs Samsung Galaxy A50

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Which one you buy in 2020?
Is apple provide IOS14 to iPhone SE in 2020?
Between these 2 phones, I would go with the Samsung A50, just because of the larger screen. The iPhone SE screen is way too small to even consider for me. The A50 comes with a lot more features and is overall the better deal, however, the iPhone will age a lot better and you will have a higher resell value. Again, because the iPhone SE screen is so small, I would go without thinking with the A50.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Iphones always suxx, the only reason to buy a IPhone is to show-off the latest model.
the A50 beat the Iphone SE in every category.
Although I agree in this case A50 is better, I disagree with the fact that iPhones suck. To be honest and parcial, having had both kind of phones, I have always rescued the fact that iOS optimization and design is superior; not only because of the security arquitecture and sandboxing. I've seen mid-budget iPhones (older models) outperform my S8+ after some years. With this I mean: I've seen android-based flagships outperform every phone in the industry and start lowering the performance within months or years, becoming unstable, laggy and slow; while many iPhone models don't. Right now, after some years of use, my brother's iPhone 6S works smoother than my Galaxy S8+ which I have never damaged or installed junk. I don't know if it's RAM managing, cache managing or what, but it's a fact.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

IOS is adapted to the hardware which give you sensation of better optimization and stability. same as MacOS is best suited to Apple machines, try to put MacOS on a PC , result won't be so nice.
Android have to adapt to every hardware combination, so compromise must be made, not saying people usually install poorly coded (not to say s****y) apps on Android.

Personally i have a S10+, a Huawei Nova 3i and a Sony Xperia 2 Ultra. I don't get put crap apps on them and i don't any lags or instability on any of them.

Apple hardware price doesn't reflect the hardware quality which is all the time behind flagship androids (just look at Huawei ones, better hardware, excellent battery and stability for a way lesser price, ), not surprising they took the 2nd place from Apple.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
IOS is adapted to the hardware which give you sensation of better optimization and stability. same as MacOS is best suited to Apple machines, try to put MacOS on a PC , result won't be so nice.
Android have to adapt to every hardware combination, so compromise must be made, not saying people usually install poorly coded (not to say s****y) apps on Android.

Personally i have a S10+, a Huawei Nova 3i and a Sony Xperia 2 Ultra. I don't get put crap apps on them and i don't any lags or instability on any of them.

Apple hardware price doesn't reflect the hardware quality which is all the time behind flagship androids (just look at Huawei ones, better hardware, excellent battery and stability for a way lesser price, ), not surprising they took the 2nd place from Apple.

Fully agreed. The only reason tht i sign a mobile plan and get iphone is that I can sell it back for more $$ and then get Huawei / Xiaomi phone LOL>

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016

Of course IOS is adapted the the hardware, (why wouldn't it be) & on my iPhone 8+ runs beautifully - I never get the latest iPhone's as they are expensive but get the model before or so you get a far superior none Google OS & a nicely designed device that does all I want, including screen size - When the time comes to sell it they are very sought after still. Both my daughters have the latest Huawei's so had plenty chance to play with them but the ease of use of iPhone's & stability mean I will probably stay with Apple, actually I certainly will - In no way do they suck - However, it's again a matter of personal choice as in many things.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

For me selling same hardware for twice or triple the price of a same android model just because it has an apple logo on the back is just madness. It is why I say it suxx.

Size screen? Well many Android models offers quite big screen too.

OS Stability? probably better than Android Sadly IOS doesn't work so good with Windows machines...

Usability? I play with my gf iPhone a bit, its annoying floating button is horrible to me to use. That the thing I hate the most on iPhone after their ridiculous hardware quality/price ratio. Reason sales dropped and now they focus their marketing on privacy...

Privacy? Well I don't trust Apple much about it, I'm not even sure you can register several device accounts on iPhone. Maybe someone can tell me about it.

Inovation? That the main issue with Apple since Steve Job died. They are behind. Huawei stole the throne.

Note that I use Nova Launcher on all my Android devices that gives me lot of customization and improve usability further.
My phones aren't look like others.

Someday if I can get my hands on an modern IPhone for reasonable price, I will probably buy one just got knowledge sake, so I can test it from toe to head.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
For me selling same hardware for twice or triple the price of a same android model just because it has an apple logo on the back is just madness. It is why I say it suxx.

Size screen? Well many Android models offers quite big screen too.

OS Stability? probably better than Android Sadly IOS doesn't work so good with Windows machines...

Usability? I play with my gf iPhone a bit, its annoying floating button is horrible to me to use. That the thing I hate the most on iPhone after their ridiculous hardware quality/price ratio. Reason sales dropped and now they focus their marketing on privacy...

Privacy? Well I don't trust Apple much about it, I'm not even sure you can register several device accounts on iPhone. Maybe someone can tell me about it.

Inovation? That the main issue with Apple since Steve Job died. They are behind. Huawei stole the throne.

Note that I use Nova Launcher on all my Android devices that gives me lot of customization and improve usability further.
My phones aren't look like others.

Someday if I can get my hands on an modern IPhone for reasonable price, I will probably buy one just got knowledge sake, so I can test it from toe to head.
+1. Exactly the same reason I would get iphone mobile package plan everytime. They're freakingly overpriced, yet great resale value. They have demands regardless of what iphone version u got. And honestly I would get the exact same specced Android phone for 1/2-1/3 the price of iphone.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

In fact, I believe and saw, having an iPhone is a sign of social status/wealth.
In western countries buying a non-plan iPhone is like 2 months of average salary? Not big deal.
Where I am it is a year of average salary, and people buy them anyway.
In fact, most iPhone buyers don't care of hardware or the OS efficiency , they just want to show off the logo.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
In fact, I believe and saw, having an iPhone is a sign of social status/wealth.
In western countries buying a non-plan iPhone is like 2 months of average salary? Not big deal.
Where I am it is a year of average salary, and people buy them anyway.
In fact, most iPhone buyers don't care of hardware or the OS efficiency , they just want to show off the logo.
Well, I believe one thing: the more famous you are, the more demand you'll be getting. So expect more vulnerabilities. :)

Dex4Sure

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 14, 2019
Vast majority of slow downs with Android over time have to do with Android and Android apps using more and more of RAM. Nowadays to be on safe side you should have 6GB of RAM on Android phone which is pretty insane. But then again lots of Android phones already come with 6GB or more of RAM so this shouldn't be that big deal. Personally I have Galaxy Note 10+ with 12GB RAM and 256GB of storage, so running out of RAM should not be a concern anytime soon for me. iPhones don't play that nice with Windows so not interested in getting them.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
The iPhone SE is a nice phone if you are OK with a smaller screen- it fits into a pocket easily which is why I like it. From what I can gather, iOS offers a number of security advantages over Android. Plus iOS works very smoothly as the software and hardware are both made by Apple.

It is not yet known if the iPhone SE will support iOS 14. My guess is that it probably won’t be. The iPhone SE has been around for a number of years and I suspect Apple will end support for it soon. But that’s just a guess !

I only bought the iPhone SE because it was relatively cheap. I don’t think the other iPhone models are worth the asking price, however good they may be. So if Apple don’t release another affordable phone then it will probably be my last iPhone.

Last edited:

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
The iPhone SE is a nice phone if you are OK with a smaller screen- it fits into a pocket easily which is why I like it. From what I can gather, iOS offers a number of security advantages over Android. Plus iOS works very smoothly as the software and hardware are both made by Apple.

It is not yet known if the iPhone SE will support iOS 14. My guess is that it probably won’t be. The iPhone SE has been around for a number of years and I suspect Apple will end support for it soon. But that’s just a guess !

I only bought the iPhone SE because it was relatively cheap. I don’t think the other iPhone models are worth the asking price, however good they may be. So if Apple don’t release another affordable phone then it will probably be my last iPhone.
Agree with you.

zolotok

Feb 26, 2020
Which one you buy in 2020?
Is apple provide IOS14 to iPhone SE in 2020?

In addition to the fact that the iPhone has a small screen, there is also a small battery. I recommend taking the Galaxy For another reason – the processor. If you compare Exynos 9610 in the Galaxy A50 and Apple A9 in the iPhone SE, the second loses almost everything.

First, it is more than 2 years newer, has a lot more cores and a faster graphics accelerator, which is important for games.

Reactions: Captain Awesome

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thread was posted prior to the new SE (2nd gen) model. In the US/UK it's $399 and £480 respectively, other countries import tariffs and taxes may rise the cost. You can take a look at the new SE specs here: iPhone SE. (Don't forget it's an Entry-level iPhone with the complete iOS experience).

@zolotok The new 2020 iPhone SE has the same chip as the 2019 iPhone 11 (A13 Bionic) in an iPhone 8 shell, for less than half the price. This is Exynos 9610 compared with A13 Bionic, Exynos 9610 vs A13 Bionic: tests and benchmarks

Let's compare with newer Samsung A51(£330) and A71 (£420), both are still cheaper than an iPhone SE 2020.
(UK) A51 with Exynos 9611 - Exynos 9611 vs A13 Bionic: tests and benchmarks
(UK) A71 with SD 730 - Snapdragon 730 vs A13 Bionic: tests and benchmarks

~Prices and specifications taken from Samsung UK.

AYIZEB

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2016
the iphone what I have always seen attractive is how it ages, it pays an expensive product that will be updated for 3 or 4 years, therefore your money will be amortized, now as the owner of an s9 plus I am very happy with the phone and I still It is sad to change it because it is still very good.

Reactions: CyberTech and Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.