Advice Request Is 360 Total Security Essential safe to use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
In the past when I used them they had quite a good detection using their cloud engine together with bitdefender and avira offline engines.

But recently they introduced ads in their software, and it's not only ads that promote their premium version, but rather ads that other third party advertisers can buy to place in their software. I'm talking about ads that are similar to youtube or facebook ads, and that to me is insane that a security company would do such a thing. Imagine if they accidentally allowed a malicious ad to run in their software, they themselves would be the ones spreading it.

Conclusion would be you can definitely find something better for free, have a look at bitdefender free, kaspersky free or avast free.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
But Kaspersky Free only valid for one year? What happens after one year?
this is an answer from kaspersky forum but i am not sure as i used it for alittle time before switching to emsisoft antimalware

"I got official replay from Kaspersky also.
After this year license will automatically activate for another year. "
source:
Kaspersky free

L

Local Host

I wouldn't trust Q360 (Chinese), the same way I don't trust USA AVs and has others have said there's been already controversy surrounding it.
Only talking about the paid versions here, but Bitdefender has way too many bugs for me to recommend it over Kaspersky.
Same can be said for the Free Version of Bit Defender, buggy Software compared to the competition (specially on W10).
But Kaspersky Free only valid for one year? What happens after one year?
The license will renew itself.

Reactions: JB007 and roger_m
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.