Advice Request Is a Tencent PC Manager worth of use?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 67480
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 67480

Thread author
Just like in a thread, i don't know alone do i have use him or ignore cuz of China product with included English Version which is still supported, but problem in him is: Hard to delete. So this is my problem in a mading decision about this software cuz in tests is good, but really probarly risky to using him, right?

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Just like in a thread, i don't know alone do i have use him or ignore cuz of China product with included English Version which is still supported, but problem in him is: Hard to delete. So this is my problem in a mading decision about this software cuz in tests is good, but really probarly risky to using him, right?
It will give you tons of PUP detections in Zemana, whitelisting is of no use, as the software does upgrade quite often, which will replace parts of the files, leading to new PUP detections.
Have tried it (again) only a few days, though will keep testing it.
The cloud is quite strong, it also seems to receive Bitdefender signatures in realtime (updates itself at least every hour).
The HIPS are on the weaker side (however, I'm not fond of Qihoo 360 TS regarding that, too, just run a test with a fresh pack, and the system will be infected by 90+%, Qihoo has weaker signatures / cloud and does update only once a day).
There will be some traces left after uninstall, agree.

F

ForgottenSeer 67480

Thread author
Ty for anwsers. So the best guess is: Ignore all China softwares and pick some other which is fine.

Reactions: FrFc1908

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It is one of the lightest antiviruses there is and detection rates are very good, with minimal false positives, leading to excellent test results. For example it's much lighter than Windows Defender. However it has some issues, so I don't recommend it. For example, on dual boot systems, it will want to delete needed files from the other Windows install.

Also, Tencent do not offer any support for the global version. They do not publish changelogs when they release a new program version (usually every one or two weeks) and do no reply to emails.

There may be some traces left when uninstalling it, but they should not cause any issues. You will see videos with removal instructions for Tencent. But, they are directed at the Chinese version, which can be hard to remove because understandably, its uninstaller is in Chinese, not English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.