Advice Request Is Advanced SystemCare Safe when im only using the CleanUp Tools?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
I like the ASC UI thats why Im asking.
I think it will work if I only use the cleanup functions right?
Also, I want to use version 10.4 (block the program via firewall) what do you think?
And sorry for my bad English.

Reactions: oldschool

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Current versions of ASC as safe to use and won't cause any issue. However, I would advise against enabling deep scan in the registry cleaner, if you are using ASC Pro, as it has the potential to cause problems.

The current version is 11.4 and it would be better to use that then an old version.

Reactions: Azure and oldschool

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
it has cons, too many megas of installation, many junk executables and dll files that are not necessary at their folder,
too takes grandadminstrator rights by doing bypass in uac, install boot drivers, creates services and unnecessary automatic tasks, requires internet connection, & leave many backup traces at sentitive folders:
c:\windows\system32\config\******.iobit
C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\*****.iobit
C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\****.iobit
C:\Users\youruser\ntuser.
I think it's oil instead of water in the veins of windows.

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Current versions of ASC as safe to use and won't cause any issue. However, I would advise against enabling deep scan in the registry cleaner, if you are using ASC Pro, as it has the potential to cause problems.

The current version is 11.4 and it would be better to use that then an old version.
Can I enable the Turbo Boost safe?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Can I enable the Turbo Boost safe?
I've never used it myself. But, it will be safe to do so, as all it is doing is terminating processes, to free up resources. I don't have the use for it.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I like the ASC UI thats why Im asking.
I think it will work if I only use the cleanup functions right?
Also, I want to use version 10.4 (block the program via firewall) what do you think?
And sorry for my bad English.
I use it for 12 years. I never had a problem. For me it is a very good program. Just instal the new version.

F

ForgottenSeer 67480

ASC from IOBit for me is crapware because he cause too much troubles and problems than fixing them, i preffer use System Mechanic Free with free 6 months of giveaway's cuz System Mechanic is much better than ASC.

Reactions: catjc and CyberTech

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I use cleanmgr.exe, and TarikuOkami.bat once a month before doing system images.

Anyway, I think many people nowadays use their custom solutions, both for malware cleaning and windows cleaning, like bmrf/tron

Few companies, still have my trust for not malvertising me.

Reactions: brambedkar59

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
I use cleanmgr.exe, and TarikuOkami.bat once a month before doing system images.

Anyway, I think many people nowadays use their custom solutions, both for malware cleaning and windows cleaning, like bmrf/tron

Few companies, still have my trust for not malvertising me.
Can you send me Links for this Programs?

F

ForgottenSeer 67480

ASC is piece of junk, i used more System Mechanic and i feel better changes on my PC.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Why is the newest Version better?
It has some improvements and bug fixes, as you would expect, with a newer version. I can't think of any good reason to use an old version.

However, v10 should be save to use, as I far as I can recall, that version was released, after I got IObit to fix false positives with the registry cleaner.

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
It has some improvements and bug fixes, as you would expect, with a newer version. I can't think of any good reason to use an old version.

However, v10 should be save to use, as I far as I can recall, that version was released, after I got IObit to fix false positives with the registry cleaner.
And whats About Clean Uninstall? Can I uninstall it safetly with Revo and its gone?

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I would strongly advise against that particular piece of software,
it broke my system and I had to reinstall Windows:mad:
I use WiseCare 365 Pro instead(much better IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.