Is anybody here using AppGuard in an enterprise environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
One of my clients had a few instances of AppGuard on their machines, but we had a few issues and their support was not only slow to respond but also kind of unhelpful. Asking us to power cycle after 2 days of waiting isn't acceptable. Like you don't think we tried that already?

Aside from that it was decent. Client ended up going the restore on reboot route with Reboot Restore Rx Pro which has helped keep the machines clean.

If I were to make a call, I'd pass. As much as it's a good program, enterprise needs support and when you take a while to respond that's lots of time wasted for an organization. Consumer is fine like you just sit and watch netflix till it's resolved but companies can't do that.

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
One of my clients had a few instances of AppGuard on their machines, but we had a few issues and their support was not only slow to respond but also kind of unhelpful. Asking us to power cycle after 2 days of waiting isn't acceptable. Like you don't think we tried that already?

Aside from that it was decent. Client ended up going the restore on reboot route with Reboot Restore Rx Pro which has helped keep the machines clean.

If I were to make a call, I'd pass. As much as it's a good program, enterprise needs support and when you take a while to respond that's lots of time wasted for an organization. Consumer is fine like you just sit and watch netflix till it's resolved but companies can't do that.

Thank you. By any chance, do they offer different support plans?

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017

Thanks @TerrakionSmash , but i wasn't looking for a replacement :)
Although Comodo was recommended by many others, and they also have a trial version. I am interested in any security products that could help me now or in the future, but i guess on another thread.
I only bought security certificates from Comodo because they were cheap and trusted enough for what i needed them, but their interface/support was horrible and i looked elsewhere for cheap certificates. On the same reasoning, i did not took the time to test their newer security products. I tested their AV solutions a long time ago.

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
@Amelith Nargothrond
Why don't you ask for a demo of AppGuard Enterprise, as @Lockdown suggested? In that way, you'll be able to test it for your company. :)

This would be an idea, but i'm not the demo kind of guy. Demos have a tendency to brainwash and avoid certain issues the product might have. So i will stick to the "try before you buy", and if the client wants a demo, i will do the demo first, then we can arrange something with the developing company's representative.

For my company, i have completely different rules, don't need an app firewall. My people have intensive training and good knowledge, they can take care for themselves and their PCs. If not, they know they are responsible for their actions.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
That's what i'm using :)
But Avira's support is also mediocre, let's say at most decent. Fast enough, but mediocre.
I should still use it as avira is one of the best,
but if you want to switch you can take a look at
Check Point Software

Edit: Wich sort of support do u think is not really good? ( phone email live chat etc )

Last edited:

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
Edit: Wich sort of support do u think is not really good?

Failing to provide a reasonable fix in a reasonable time for an issue they have admitted they had for a while (after talking to the support guy, logs, etc), issue that they could easily reproduce. I did, everywhere were the agent was installed, it was not an on premise specific issue. Still, after they come up with a possible fix, they didn't verify it, otherwise i cannot explain why it was not actually fixed on my end, after applying the fix, again and again and again...

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Failing to provide a reasonable fix in a reasonable time for an issue they have admitted they had for a while (after talking to the support guy, logs, etc), issue that they could easily reproduce. I did, everywhere were the agent was installed, it was not an on premise specific issue. Still, after they come up with a possible fix, they didn't verify it, otherwise i cannot explain why it was not actually fixed on my end, after applying the fix, again and again and again...
Hmm... they should be doing better as my experience is verry good with support ;)

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
Hmm... they should be doing better as my experience is verry good with support ;)

It was my only escalated to the support issue.
Btw, my issue is still not fixed, after many updates. Not being a critical issue, i had to use a workaround. That workaround is a little bit risky, acceptable at most, but risky.

Otherwise, a great product :)

Reactions: Xsjx
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.