Is Ashampoo WinOptimizer and System Mechanic safe to use?

Which should I use?

• Ashampoo WinOptimizer

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • iolo System Mechanic

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Mess about with the wrong "System Optimizer" and you'll flat-line your system. They're safe for a user that has knowledge, experience - and is willing to sit there analyzing line item after line item. Doing such a thing is only required for trouble-shooting and absolutely unnecessary for typical system "optimization."

The small benefits to one's system simply does not justify the potential risk that something will go "Boink !!"

Food for thought...

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
I like WinOptimizer; the background defrag is nice if you have platter drives. It isn't reckless in its cleaning either.
well it is not played very nice in my system, i trying it from time to time it is not braking my system, but still little bit annoyance to me (personal preference, sorry not against you). once again i am happy camper with ccleaner with enhancer.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I agree with kmr1684, tonibalas, Malware Man, & nissimezra, that CCleaner is the most practical choice; but since it is not included amongst the keys you are considering activating, I'll voice how simply having keys for software may not always be in your system's best interest. Therefore, as already put forth by @jamescv7, testing, as well as the polling you are doing here, is a very good method of narrowing your choices for what would be best for you. Listen to the warnings, & be very cautious altering (cleaning) registrys. ..or just don't do it.o_O
Thanks!:D
Edit: Privazer is another software you'd do well to consider.
yes CCleaner is good at least it will not damege the operating system but other than that it is always a good idea to stay away from all these optimizer specially all the registry optimizer's
I no longer use ccleaner I just do the cleaning manually.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I have used System Mechanic in the past and i saw an improvement on system performance
and i have to say it was better than Wise Care.
What i liked the most is the re-aligning of files in HDD which improved the speed of the system;).
About Ashampoo i can't say anything i haven't used it

Exact same thing as toni.

I got improvement from System Mechanic, but my system was 7-8 yrs old and needed tweaks and fixes... so Mechanic did a great job. The Registry backup feature saved my brothers PC. Three times faulty external hardware, messed up his registry keys.

So, if you have a nice running Windows 8 ... and no slowdowns or problems you probably don't need the software. If you have only your fav programs and AV but somethings slow or off, it could help.

I still really like System Mechanic, but it has to be used with caution. For example I back up registry but never let SM clean it!

Ashampoo WinOptimizer I never used.
(Just checked screenshots, doesn't seem to do much)

Last edited:

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I don't understand, people want to use "system optimizers" but rightly before they have to provide restore points, OS image, registry backup...
Is it mandatory to use these tools?.o_O
I run Ccleaner and I use OS images for serious reasons without looking myself for other and useless problems.

jadequest99

Level 3
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
idk they are safe or no ! but its NOT worth buying( ashampoo= 50$! for what? -_-)
i used both for 1 year
iolo make your pc slower not faster :/
personally i used iobit,ccleaner,ashampoo,iolo System Mechanic,...
i found wise care365 is best between utilities
if u wana pay for "System Optimizer" then buy wise care365(only 30$) or use PrivaZer for free
I'm glad you mentioned PrivaZer and CCleaner, that's the only utility cleaning programs I use now, PrivaZer unfortunately wipes out everything unless you uncheck what you don't want scanned and cleaned I like using it to permanently delete files and CCleaner for everything else.

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
Knowing all this information, does anyone have any suggestions about Kerish Doctor?

I have been using the full version of KD for a while now, of the software in this genre I have used over the years it is definitely the best one.

Glary Utilities is also very good

Reactions: sunshineboy

jadequest99

Level 3
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
hi mate
in my oponion ccleanr is garbage:p u can check ur system with wise disk cleaner (free) and see diffrents
im using Argente Registry Cleaner(its free )for registry cleanup and wise 365 for disk cleanup and otherstuff
never saw registry cleaner like argent
it will find every trash key in ur registry(when others cant)
I'm not familiar with Argente Registry Cleaner? But I have read articles and seen videos on Wisecare 365, but not trying to
delve too much into that area, many MT's Community members suggest just using the default disk cleaner as you also mentioned earlier, and I also like Piriform's Defraggler instead of the default defragging program that comes with Windows 10. But still will take advice and suggestions
with an open mind. :)

Reactions: sunshineboy

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
I only recommend to use Tuneup/AVG, CCleaner or Kerish doctor

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
i tested a lot of these types of programs on my pc system mechanic and ashampoo were both good to me and both good at cleaning the pc safe in my books i have also tried iobit systemcare, wisecare, ccleaner, boostspeed, and all of them worked fine even the registry cleaners, these days registry cleaners etc are well tested and having issues with them is quite slim really i never had an issue with any of them on my pc or laptop, yh sometimes it might find a key or so and could break a program but your actual OS unlikely and never had that happen to but never chose deep scan or that in programs cause that mainly does break programs etc and can cause issues i never do this and if i do i check the entries or take the risk and do a backup with the program, some programs i tried can do deeper cleaning which can cause issues with programs and your OS thats where you gotta be careful for. Recently i tried a program and it seemed to mess up my display driver from its cleaner but the above i listed does not do this and i look what there deleting and its pretty safe.

Yh you can optimize your self disable tasks in task scheduler, change system settings registry etc but these programs can help lazy people or people that just want to do them faster they also always have an undo or restore function to if you wanna revert back with no issues and some tweaks can actually help your pc and help get the max out of your system possible and make it smoother and stable just be careful what services you disable and tasks etc of course. But you can search the net and do them free like people said or pay a program to tweak them more easy and advanced users its more about if you wanna pay for a program to do this but them 2 programs listed have good cleaning etc and the live tuner in both are pretty good and can keep your pc running smooth.

i use kerish doctor my self and ccleaner+ccenhancer

sorry if to long thought id give my opinion on system optimizers - most are not snake oil but some out there can be and dodgy. its not about boosting pc performance as much its about keeping pc smooth, stable and to its full potential thats how i look at it and it can help in cases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.