Is Defraggler better and effective than Smart Defrag ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Should i stick with IObit Smart Defrag or should i switch to Defraggler ? What's better and safer for my hard drive and data ?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
TRIM is better for Solid State Drives, do you only use the traditional HDD?

Surtur

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 11, 2013
I would recommend Defraggler. I also use Defraggler and it works fine.:)

Vipersd

Level 6
Verified
Dec 14, 2014
Defraggler is useful only for it's option to defragment single file or folder, otherwise there is no noticeable increase of speed or anything that would require third party software for defragmentation.

Reactions: sunil22

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
One good one comes with System Mechanic free, but the free mechanic part of the program is overkill.
I also liked MyDefrag by JK. These two defragmenters don't misalign any files.

MyDefrag is the only program I noticed a speed up in PC performance after using.

Auslogics is quick and easy, but left orphaned files and doesn't put all in correct order (as far as i could tell)

Defraggler I used before but is really slow, and seemed like, no difference then Windows default Defragmenter... BUT! It's the only other Defrag I have installed besides Windows one.

Defraggler has defreg free space and boot time defrag, PC temp, Disk Check etc... all very handy and free to use!

Last edited:
M

MalwareT

Thread author
I tried Defraggler and i wasn't imressed at all. I think i will stick to Smart Defrag :)

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I wouldn't recommend either one of them.
  • Defraggler would make my system unbootable when I attempted to use the boot defrag.
  • Smart Defrag would corrupt PC Settings (which was useful if you wanted to do a PC Refresh)
You're not going to be impressed with anything if you defrag when it's not even needed, @Malware Test. - It's unlikely that you will notice any sort of increase in performance.

Sure most of IOBit products are bad, but my opinion of Smart Defrag is not reflected off of their other products.

Last edited:
Reactions: starchild76

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Even I'm not personally using those mentioned defragmenter tools (user of Auslogics Disk Defrag) but a pretty normal scan and defrag at default settings are already fine. I've never touch boot defrag because my critical thinking is consider to might harm on system.

Same goes on registry defrag where might cause problems than the other method for HDD.

I

illumination

Thread author
I used to use Auslogics disk defrag pro all the time, even paid for a license, but it has given me so many issues. Windows built in one, does a good job as is, but personally, now i use defraggler, it has not let me down, and just does what it needs too, with a handful of useful features.

Reactions: tofrus and Oxygen

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Everyday use Auslogic

Once a month MyDefrag

I once had a 4 gig fragmented Kiwix file. Other defrag apps never touched it because of its size. Only MyDefrag was able to defrag it.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I don't care much for the built in Windows disk defrag tool but Windows 8 and 10 are much more advanced in terms of optimizing instead of just simply defragging. If I had to chose between Iobit and Piriform, I'd pick Piriform. Smart Defrag has screwed up my computer before. Defraggler is much more gentle with your data but isn't that through if your using the free version it seems. Windows 8 and 10 built in defragment tools are as safe and good as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.