Is EIS 9's Firewall as Good as Online Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Does anyone know if the new firewall for Emsisoft Internet Security 9 is as powerful as Online Armor?

D

Deleted member 178

if you talk only about the true Firewall component (not the HIPS and other gadgets) , yes the new one is better. It was made from scratch and is conform to the new standards (IPv6, etc...) unlike the one in OA that is obsolete now.

it was heavily beta-tested at every stage of its creation.

Reactions: XhenEd

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
Hi, Tony Cole you just listen to Umbra Polaris said...me prefer Online Armor, like real having Armor.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
if you talk only about the true Firewall component (not the HIPS and other gadgets) , yes the new one is better. It was made from scratch and is conform to the new standards (IPv6, etc...) unlike the one in OA that is obsolete now.

it was heavily beta-tested at every stage of its creation.

Is the new firewall going to be a plugin to Windows Firewall like some other security suites are moving towards?

Enjoy!! :D

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
EIS 9 HIPS and antilogger Works in w8.1u1 x64?
I tried the last version of OA free and doesn't pas simple test.

D

Deleted member 178

Is the new firewall going to be a plugin to Windows Firewall like some other security suites are moving towards?

Enjoy!! :D

nope it is independent but it can use WF settings

EIS 9 HIPS and antilogger Works in w8.1u1 x64?
I tried the last version of OA free and doesn't pas simple test.

EIS has no HIPS , no separated antilogger; all is done now by the Behavior Blocker; btw what test?

EIS Beta should have better protection than OA, but EIS would be EAM+OA.

no it won't

Reactions: Tony Cole

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
nope it is independent but it can use WF settings

EIS has no HIPS , no separated antilogger; all is done now by the Behavior Blocker; btw what test?

no it won't

Blocked the execution of a file and still could run. (works on w7 x86)

D

Deleted member 178

Depend what kind of file, whitelisted or not, if runsafe or not. Etc...

H

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
so which one is better overall eis9 or OA
EIS 9 is all that you need, good antivirus + easy to use firewall.

Some people will say that OA is more powerful because of HIPS, but I really dont like this kind of security sofware, they dont make sense to me.

As I see people who can actually make decisions in that kind of software doesnt need one in first place.

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@dragonx1983 Emsisoft Internet Security is a fully package containing Anti-Malware, Behaviour Blocker (previously known as Mamutu) and Firewall. However, the Firewall in EIS v9 has been written from scratch and therefore does not have HIPS, but instead it's using it's own BB as an alternate and proven to be just as effective.

Having both a BB and HIPS may an overlap and over-kill.

Online Armor was developed by Tall Emu before Emsisoft (previouly Emsi Software) acquired them in 2010, hence the differences between the 2 firewalls.

This is from my understanding, but I could be wrong. @Umbra Polaris @Fabian Wosar

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.