Is Emsisoft Anti-Malware Full protection or do I need a seperate firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
Is Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9 Full protection or do I need a separate firewall? From their website it appears it has everything but a firewall, so it would be an adjunct (Similar to MalwareBytes Premium) to a traditional Security Suite.

I was thinking ESET SS8 + EAM 9 = Good to go.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
EAM does not have a firewall... EIS has one, if you are looking for extra good protection you may need comodo firewall but be advised that you have to deal with a lot of alerts, private firewall is a good option too... if you ask me i can tell you that if you set up windows firewall correctly it may work excellent :D . and well even tho emsi can run along anohter AV i may tell you that eset and emsi are not good friends... emsi by itselft can be a strong protection as a complete antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.