Advice Request Is Emsisoft located in New Zealand?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
upload_2016-1-6_23-8-0.png

2014 - New Emsisoft Mobile Security - New user interface - New Emsisoft Internet Security - Moving to NZ
Entering the second decade Emsisoft unveils a new product to protect Android devices. Following the innovative change of the user interface in Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9 and finally the release of the first combined Antivirus + Firewall product - Emsisoft Internet Security. After moving the company from Austria to New Zealand, the year ends with four VB100 awards, five "Advanced+" awards, and a "Top Rated" award from AV-Comparatives for the outstanding performance throughout the whole year.

Who is Emsisoft?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DracusNarcrym

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
To quote the 2014 recap:

Company relocation: From day 1, Emsisoft always was a 100% virtual company.

That basically means we don’t have a fancy office building, everyone works from whatever place he or she wants. We’re now spread across 14 different countries and grew from a simple collaboration of just two geeks to a team of more than 25 well-organized professionals. In September this year, my family and I decided to relocate from Austria to New Zealand and that’s why Emsisoft’s company address has changed too. But rest assured that this will not affect you or our products’ quality in any way. We’re still committing to highest European privacy and security standards and spanning across almost all time zones means higher flexibility and better speed when it comes to react on new malware outbreaks or other emergency situations. There is always someone up and working at Emsisoft.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
One thing I can recall is that Emsisoft number of employees are few compare to other giant security companies + for sure that mentioned on website is valid.

A company does not really need a huge number of workers in order to recognized it, we see that Emsisoft integrity and their products are reflect that its never became an issue.

Emsisoft

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Jul 27, 2013
We're now a team of 30 with only two located in New Zealand at the moment. Most of us are in Europe and the USA. We've never had a classic type of office, so it doesn't matter where the team members are. Though, it must be said that we're organized in teams just like any other company. Team boundaries just don't match location boundaries. Some teams are mostly within the same time zone, others are spread around the world. And yes, that works very well and we have a solid growth year by year. :)

To the other kiwis here: No worries, sooner or later people will get to know us, even in the most secluded West- and East-Coast areas. ;)

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
If I were to vote for one of the most reputable security software vendors, I'd definitely consider Emsisoft. :D

off-topic Who you callin' a kiwi? >:V
Kiwi is unique fruit of New Zealand (NZ) and even in my country, some people still calling NZ as "kiwi" country.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
If I were to vote for one of the most reputable security software vendors, I'd definitely consider Emsisoft. :D

off-topic Who you callin' a kiwi? >:V

+1 for that. By far Emsisoft is the only program at the moment that doesn't give me any hiccups. I hope this goes on.
3 months ago I know nothing about Emsisoft, no idea what it is and which country brand was it. Even in Singapore (the place I live), Emsisoft was not heard of at all. Not even in IT show or PC fair. It's MT who introduce me Emsisoft and my family and some friends got in love with it.

PS: Kiwi is very expensive in my country....... :confused:. 4 pieces for SGD$ 7.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.