RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Is happiness a thing? Can we achieve happiness in this earthly world? Is happiness made for us or is it just a word we use to get motivation to live?

What can we do to achieve it? Are there facts that can multiply oour happiness? Are there facts that can do the opposite?

Is happiness given by emotions or by possessions?

Share your thoughts :)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I archieved happiness when my son was born. Also at the times when you donate to children, being humble, help people around you when they need it, even if looks stupid sometimes or you may be shy, don't, because it's a part of the Gods plan in your life to challenge you, whether you are going to do it or don't, to set your destiny and prepare happines for you in one way or another. Just be honest about your feelings and make people around you happy, and you'll be happy too. :)

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
In order to know happiness it is necessary to experience misfortune. But the happiness that you feel at that time is told as a story of the past.
I felt that when the earthquake several years ago. There was a time when everyday meals and showers were enormously far away.

For example, you may be able to replace "happiness" with "secure". When infected or trouble caused the PC to become unstable control, the time when it was moving normally just a short time ago is felt lovely, it is close to that feeling.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
If other living creatures are happy thanks to me, I'm happy...

- but: "Are you a slave to your phone? Happiness researchers explain how social media is making you unhappy", responses are here: https://malwaretips.com/threads/are...how-social-media-is-making-you-unhappy.83032/

And for Kids: One-on-One Time with Mom - this is pure happiness: Kids Need More One-on-One Time with Mom
5.) Turn off those electronics! As much as possible when you're home with loved ones, put down that phone and turn off the computer and television. "For the sake of the children, our time on electronics has got to decrease."

Last edited:

feelsdabman

Level 1
Verified
Apr 29, 2018
I guess happiness is explained by brain chemistry at the very core. I wonder the meaning of life, and if it is to make ourselves feel good, then why don't we all just pump drugs in ourselves till we die? It seems like a ridiculous question, but truly, that would be the best way to satisfy yourself, as you would feel as happy as you can possibly be.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
...but happiness by drugs is not true happiness, it's illusion only...deceiving, false path.

"This novel suggests that there is more to life than just happiness; Brave New World insinuates that readers should seek freedom, knowledge and love in life. Huxley implies that without these fulfilling emotions and feelings, readers will be subject to a dreary and repetitive life."
- read more here: Essay on Brave New World: A Society of False Happiness :
Essay on Brave New World: A Society of False Happiness | Bartleby

Last edited:

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I'm not sure i have ever experienced "true" happiness, i am glad and grateful at times but that's not happiness, I'm not saying i never have "happy-ish" feelings but for me i guess my interpretation of happiness is more of a contented feeling, when i am contented i am relaxed and not stressed out but in all honesty i think that's as good as it gets for me but my brain is altered with drugs (prescribed drugs, not recreational) so i blame that for lack of "true" feelings. It's not just happiness i don't feel, there are loads of other emotions too. :confused:

I suppose to answer your original question : "Does happiness exist" I suppose it does for some people or at the very least in depends on each individuals concept of happiness.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I'm not sure i have ever experienced "true" happiness, i am glad and grateful at times but that's not happiness, I'm not saying i never have "happy-ish" feelings but for me i guess my interpretation of happiness is more of a contented feeling, when i am contented i am relaxed and not stressed out but in all honesty i think that's as good as it gets for me but my brain is altered with drugs (prescribed drugs, not recreational) so i blame that for lack of "true" feelings. It's not just happiness i don't feel, there are loads of other emotions too. :confused:

I suppose to answer your original question : "Does happiness exist" I suppose it does for some people or at the very least in depends on each individuals concept of happiness.
My condolences, Weebarra !

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
"When talking about opinions about happiness, people talk about their own philosophy." ... This is the word of a trivia explorer show-Gi.(wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww)

There are as many people as happiness, and each person's happiness is not one, it seems that there are several happiness theories of various sizes, large and small.
Assuming that there are ten people, there will be at least 100 theories of well-being. Great.

There is also the possibility to meet a little happy feeling in this forum. The emotions when the kindness of the partner and the human nature of heartwarming are transmitted from the gap of the language wall can be out of focus a little from happiness, but it seems to be in the frame of happiness.
It is all personal opinion. I acknowledge that there is objection. Because there are as many happiness as there are people. The important thing is that each person holds a belief in their own happiness theory.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
I tried to muster an answer to this question when RoboMan asked it yesterday but couldn't do it, it's so relative from one person to the next so I will try again by quoting Robert Duvall as the character Gus in the mini-series Lonesome Dove when Laurie played by Diane Lane, crying and inconsoleable, feeling she may never get to SanFrancisco, the place where she was sure would bring her final happiness, I quote Gus roughly," Laurie darlin, life in SanFrancisco is still just life, it seems to me we have to learn to appreciate the little everyday things like a good biscuit with breakfast, a sip of fine whiskey of an evening and the company of feisty old characters like me. I'm obviously a fan of that series.:)

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I tried to muster an answer to this question when RoboMan asked it yesterday but couldn't do it, it's so relative from one person to the next so I will try again by quoting Robert Duvall as the character Gus in the mini-series Lonesome Dove when Laurie played by Diane Lane, crying and inconsoleable, feeling she may never get to SanFrancisco, the place where she was sure would bring her final happiness, I quote Gus roughly," Laurie darlin, life in SanFrancisco is still just life, it seems to me we have to learn to appreciate the little everyday things like a good biscuit with breakfast, a sip of fine whiskey of an evening and the company of feisty old characters like me. I'm obviously a fan of that series.:)

That's a good analogy @BryanB and i believe (again) that it all comes down to each individuals idea of what happiness really is. I think we all think that others have more happiness in their life than our own selves but probably in reality, there is no true comparison as one person could define being happy as because his football team won the league but another could see that as a triviality.

Great topic @RoboMan (y) this is why you have this
Capture.JPG
(amongst others) it gets us all talking and being the nosey bugger that i am, i get a little insight in peoples lives and feel that i" know" them a bit better :p

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I thank you (and congratulate you) all for your answers. I was so pleased reading all your comments and opinions about this subject. It's really an interesting thing to debate.

As for my personal opinion, no human being can experiment true, real happiness in this earthly world. We don't know what full happiness is for the simple reason that we're not made to know it until we evolve energetically/spiritually. Some call it Heaven, some call it moving forward. It's a fact that energy never dies and our souls only evolve once our body dies. This is when, I believe, we experiment real happiness. Being with God for religious people, evolving for non-religious people. This is a very sad and cruel world as to experiment true happiness, but after this life we certainly can. We have tiny and short moments of happiness we do not truly enjoy, due to the constant feeling that we can lose it at any time...

But we will know happiness at some point in our existence and it will have been worth it :)

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I thank you (and congratulate you) all for your answers. I was so pleased reading all your comments and opinions about this subject. It's really an interesting thing to debate.

As for my personal opinion, no human being can experiment true, real happiness in this earthly world. We don't know what full happiness is for the simple reason that we're not made to know it until we evolve energetically/spiritually. Some call it Heaven, some call it moving forward. It's a fact that energy never dies and our souls only evolve once our body dies. This is when, I believe, we experiment real happiness. Being with God for religious people, evolving for non-religious people. This is a very sad and cruel world as to experiment true happiness, but after this life we certainly can. We have tiny and short moments of happiness we do not truly enjoy, due to the constant feeling that we can lose it at any time...

But we will know happiness at some point in our existence and it will have been worth it :)

How do you know ? You are not human :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Happiness? The greatest happiness is to accept our limits and learn to love them, which is what I've learned from my life.

+ 1! (y) And to accept the limits of others and love them as well.

Happiness is fleeting. Joyful contentment is enduring when pride gives way to selflessness.

++1! (y) You sound like a Buddhist! Happiness is a state of mind = inner peace. If we have inner peace we are happy, "joyfully content". If we have no inner peace we are disturbed in some way, and thus not happy. Happiness does not depend on external conditions. Often it appears to us that it does, but this appearance is completely mistaken. We can be happy regardless of outer conditions but it does not necessarily come easy. We may be sick, injured, poor, etc. and be happy. We may be rich, healthy, famous, etc. and be quite unhappy. We may love chocolate but if we eat too much we may become sick. Happiness is not dependent on external conditions. So, "... when pride gives way to selflessness" we will know that the person I believe myself to be is completely mistaken as well. Then we can be of maximum benefit to others. This I believe is true happiness and freedom!

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Is happiness a thing? Can we achieve happiness in this earthly world? Is happiness made for us or is it just a word we use to get motivation to live?

What can we do to achieve it? Are there facts that can multiply oour happiness? Are there facts that can do the opposite?

Is happiness given by emotions or by possessions?

Share your thoughts :)

One thing is certain, @RoboMan : happiness is not for robots. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.