Advice Request Is Iobit Advanced System Care had a good protection ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
what are the diferences within the free and the pro version ?

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
what are the diferences within the free and the pro version ?
I honestly have no idea as I purchased it a long time ago, you could try downloading the free version and look at all the features that have a "Pro" tag next to it.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Ok i'll uninstall Iobits products.
Have you got a good optimizing program to speed up pcs ?
Thanks.
Glary Utilities works like a charm on my machine.
It has so many tools to ''play'' with.
Especially the ''boot defragment'' makes my system start faster.
It has also something like ''software updater'' to inform you if a software needs update.

In my opinion all these system optimization tools can help or damage your system according on how you're using them.
NEVER touch registry cleaner or optimization etc... unless if you know what you're doing.....

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well go to better options of a fully AV, Advance System Care is much better at cleaning capabilities (except registry cleaners/defragmentation which might brought risks) and even though its using Bitdefender signatures well varies on protection.

As also mentioned by other members its known to be questionnable on database gathering that considered to have exact threat name and unique hashes.

For alternative you can go to classic CCleaner and Auslogics Disk Defrag for defragmentation of hard disk.

T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Ok, i'll use Qihoo 360 TS, Emsisoft Online Armor Free and Wise care 365
I use CCleaner pro with ccenhancer and I haven't got any problems... and If I have a problem, I make a reg key with CCleaner to restore deleted keys.
Thanks for all persons who takes the time to help me !

LucyN

Level 1
Verified
Jun 16, 2014
I tried IObit yesterday and I got rid of it immediately.

It downloaded and installed extra programs without permission. I'm always carefully looking for check boxes that try to get you to download extra programs and this did it anyway.

As soon as I started the program it took over. I wasn't given a chance to even look at the main menu window before it started running things. There was a lot running in the background.

I used RevoUninstaller and a deep scan to get rid of most of it, but there still seems to be some stuff left. Rebooting may take care of this, but I have something else running that has to finish first.

Reactions: TheSuperGeek

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
I tried IObit yesterday and I got rid of it immediately.

It downloaded and installed extra programs without permission. I'm always carefully looking for check boxes that try to get you to download extra programs and this did it anyway.

As soon as I started the program it took over. I wasn't given a chance to even look at the main menu window before it started running things. There was a lot running in the background.

I used RevoUninstaller and a deep scan to get rid of most of it, but there still seems to be some stuff left. Rebooting may take care of this, but I have something else running that has to finish first.
No iobit Product download extra bloat without the user have chose it or dont look carefull what to install. Thats a false statement. i have tested all iobit products over the last months and this did not happend.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
I try to escape from iobit, especially this program. Not inspire me a lot of confidence, in addition always bring adware and other unwanted things... that ESET bravely remove:D

flac

Sep 20, 2013
they have a couple of good tools like start8 which i have used and found to be the best for me also i used the file unlocker which also was the only one that could unlock and delete the files i wanted removed.
I would never use their virus protection or advance system care though and it wouldn't even cross my mind to use their virus protection why would i when their is better products around.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
IObit best case: you spent time and/or money on products that have as-good-or-better free alternatives
IObit worst case: you spent time and/or money on ineffective products that diminish performance and break software installs

Don't spend a dime on this stuff.

Best-in-class free alternatives:
CCleaner: a must-have for everyone; it works and it won't break anything
MyDefrag: I use it instead of Diskeeper I paid for (defrag only if you have platter drives)
Ashampoo WinOptimizer: if you insist on one of these extra programs, I like this one the best and they frequently give away their prior version (if it was good 6 months ago, it is still good now); it even has a background disk defragmenter that compliments MyDefrag nicely. It also has a low chance of breaking anything (but one still has to pay attention and not blindly one-button fix everything). I have a library of Ashampoo licenses I've accumulated for free over the years and no, they do not spam.

Glary Utilities is pretty nice too, as is Wise Care something or other; they're both freebies regularly also.
Auslogics BoostSpeed: no. It will break so many things that you'll have to reinstall/restore from backup (it's undo changes function doesn't always work)

Techromance13

Oct 28, 2015
I used iobit products few years ago.In the start all was good.
But,then,slowly,my pc slowed down.Smart defrag didn't do any defragmentation at all-judging by my pc performance.
Then,they started to bug me how I need to install other of their products!?

Culmination was when Smart defrag offered to replace my pc's defrag?
I am not joking.
If you let iobit to do what they want,or choose "recommended"settings,they will take control of your pc.

I uninstalled all iobit products.
It is possible that they learned a lesson,and behave now correctly,I don't know.But,what I know is that I will not use again iobit until I have sufficient evidence.
I cannot agree more - my registry got messed up beyond belief and I needed Geeksquad to fix it. I want my $30 bucks back and am still awaiting a response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.