Is Iobit Advanced System care safe to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
Is it safe to use this program for cleaning etc cos i dnt like ccleaner anymore, i mean iobit make there uninstaller program which is really good and free unlike revo etc but im just asking is there cleaner good and safe to use

Last edited by a moderator:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
No, I would never recommend you use that program. IObit may have a uninstaller that is deemed safe, but that doesn't necessarily mean that all of their products is safe to use.

CCleaner is one of the safest programs of its kind, It has everything you need to keep your computer clean of junk. You can expand the cleaning capabilities with CCEhancer.

While Advanced System Care itself is safe, using the program will cause more problems than it can fix.

Last edited:

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Iobit works well, but the installer will install their safe search add on, regardless if you opt out. Then there's auto-update, which stays in its folder even after an uninstall.

If your PC needs some tweaks and help... I'd say its worth it, but for a cleaner I'd look into another program.

I recommend WiseCare 365

Reactions: sunil22 and frogboy

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
I've used in the past but now I think isn't good, never will use it. Furthermore always comes with adware that ESET detects.
I wiil suggest to you wise care free or Ccleaner, both works for me very well.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Why not try Kerish Doctor 2015 which considered to be safe to use according on numerous reviews and user inputs. ASC is fine in terms of uninstaller and cleaning feature but not the rest of their components.

Remember CCleaner does not provide aggressive results which should be fine tune to detect enough junks.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
so wisecare and kerish doctor arent they just the same as iobit ASC but a different name/company and ccenhancer can mess up your computer

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@dragonmew : Yes but WiseCare and Kerish Doctor are prove to perform without any dangerous operation to the computer, CCEnhancer has never report by users about possible mess system since it expands only more on cleaning logs and junk files. (It will notify if you proceed to eliminate passwords and messages)

Last edited:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
@dragonmew : Programs can be somewhat be very similar to IOBit, but I do think that some other programs are better developed than it. You should always use these types of programs with caution. CCEnhancer has never messed up anyone's system, I've checked for reports around the web and have seen nothing.

You seem to be the only one having issues with programs that others aren't. There might be some other factors that come into play if you're the only one having the issues, but you honestly can't expect everything to be perfect.

I can still only recommend CCleaner + CCEnhancer because it is one of the safest options available. The program cleans only what is necessary, you really don't need all of those tweaks that IOBit has that claims to speedup your PC.

It's always smart to make backups of everything, so you can restore everything with ease if something happens to go wrong.

(Had to steal your format @jamescv7, looks better than quoting)

Last edited:

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I used to be an ASC user but it has the property to make or break your PC. Not 100% safe or you'll end up spending more time repairing what ASC did. For everyday use, CCleaner would do just fine. For weekly or monthly use I recommend Wise Care .

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It is safe. The registry cleaner, has very minor issues with false positives, but it won't cause any serious issues, but the other functions are safe to use, and it work quite well.

sunil22

Level 1
Verified
Oct 4, 2013
I have been using both ASC & CCleaner and found that CCleaner is one of the best and simple does no mess up nothing and the computer runs super:). ASC always shows registry error where CCleaner shows all well in registry and no need to clean so i stay more on the CCleaner and would recommend it :rolleyes:.

D

Deleted member 178

No, I would never recommend you use that program. IObit may have a uninstaller that is deemed safe, but that doesn't necessarily mean that all of their products is safe to use.

CCleaner is one of the safest programs of its kind, It has everything you need to keep your computer clean of junk. You can expand the cleaning capabilities with CCEhancer.

i second all that , and +1 what i put in bold text :D

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I never heard of CCEnhancer...it's the bees knees! I was using WinOptimizer to catch some of the other stuff but that's not necessary with CCEnhancer. I like simplifying/minimising...thanks for mentioning it.

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
With a shady past I do not recommend Iobit, out of principle!
Just my POV!!
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/ind...it-steals-malwarebytes-intellectual-property/
Thank you. I was unaware of this. MBAM has a great product that they give away for free. I don't think they should be treated that way.

My problem with iobit is that their uninstaller pretends to be portable, but actually embeds itself deep in the system, including the control panel, and makes itself the system default uninstaller. What's more, it does not uninstall completely, and leaves a spam popup bot behind in services. Can you imagine an uninstaller doing that?

Their defragger also broke my system - twice - when I set it to boot defrag. I had to restore from an image. And I've seen ASC bollix up many a system.

I reported my experience with the uninstaller at majorgeeks. It was the most-liked comment on the page - until it was deleted by management there.

M

MalwareT

I use Wise Disk Cleaner only and Soft Organizer for uninstalling programs,enough for my usage. I also have Wise Registry Cleaner which i use rarely.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@dragonmew Why don't you trust CCleaner?

IObit is bloated software and bundled with adware (during installation).

For your web browser, you can use the built-in cleaners.

Chrome / Chromium:

upload_2015-6-29_15-3-36.png

Internet Explorer:

upload_2015-6-29_15-3-51.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.