Is Iobit Advanced System care safe to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
These are computers; they automate things.

Yes, the UAC prompt could use a tweak (Yes, I'm obviously OK with system changes if I clicked on a program that came with Windows that could make changes to the system! UAC earned it's bad rep. Networking and security and stability were all afterthoughts with Windows.)

Reactions: given

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
CCEnhancer is a third party tool program and not same developer from CCleaner itself that's why checked only where none of sensitive files include for deletion (messages, passwords and others like from Skype)

@Huracan : Why not just private browsing mode permanently ;)

Reactions: given

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
If anyone really want to use ASC then version 4 is good, I recommend staying away from IOBit as it breaks windows than fixing problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pineapple and given

Not_$ure

Sep 29, 2017
@dragonmew : Programs can be somewhat be very similar to IOBit, but I do think that some other programs are better developed than it. You should always use these types of programs with caution. CCEnhancer has never messed up anyone's system, I've checked for reports around the web and have seen nothing.

You seem to be the only one having issues with programs that others aren't. There might be some other factors that come into play if you're the only one having the issues, but you honestly can't expect everything to be perfect.

I can still only recommend CCleaner + CCEnhancer because it is one of the safest options available. The program cleans only what is necessary, you really don't need all of those tweaks that IOBit has that claims to speedup your PC.

It's always smart to make backups of everything, so you can restore everything with ease if something happens to go wrong.

(Had to steal your format @jamescv7, looks better than quoting)
*CCleaner WAS one of the safest options available. (source, in case context is lacking)

Mostly kidding, I'm drudging up an old post about software and a couple years in human time is millennia in technology time.

Thanks for the CCEnhancer tip though!

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
ASC usually messes with Windows settings as well as protection (I think it uses BitDefender engine) and also does thorough cleaning, in theory seems to be everything in 1 but usually causes some problems.... at the moment I'm using Ashampoo optimizer I picked up here at Mt one giveaway, has fewer tools. My favourite is still CCleaner, but his reputation got bad.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
There's a reason why lots of anti-malware/adware software catalogues IoBit products as potentially unwanted applications...

Reactions: legendcampos

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
ASC is safe to use and won't break anything. The registry cleaner used to have issues with false positives, but after I reported this to IObit they fixed it.

Very occasionally the Startup Optimization module will mistakenly think that a valid startup entry or scheduled task is invalid and want to remove it. However, when I finally get round to reporting the bugs to IObit, I'm sure they will fix them quickly as they have in the past.

If your computer runs well, then there's probably not much need to use software like ASC. But it is safe to use.

L S

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
IObit Advanced System Care = Well ....... Adware .

But Not the IObit Uninstaler = I think is fine.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.