Advice Request Is it good idea to combine OSArmor with Free Antivirus?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

please vote for the best from your point of view

• forticlient free AV

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • panda free AV

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Avast free AV

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • kaspersky Free AV

Votes: 29 76.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Hi everybody,
i wanna to ask a question.
My licence of Emsisoft is about to expire so i was thinking to replace it with OSArmor with Free antivirus .so i want your votes guys
which is the best combined solution with the lowest impact on system resources.
I am very excited about your votes , specially from our experienced users here in this great community :D :D

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
It is a good idea to combine both. But the AV picking is down to yourself, there's plenty of choice out there in terms of free AVs!

You could go with something like this:
- AV
- 2-3 web extensions (Netcraft, uBlock Origin, Scriptsafe)
- OSA
Should give you more then enough basic protection for most users

~LDogg

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Okay, just install OSArmor after watching all this good words on it, do I need to change anything or leave it on default protection after install?
Up to you. Default is good. Tweaked is stronger but more chance for issues. However, most issues can be solved by making an exception, which is pretty easy to do.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Up to you. Default is good. Tweaked is stronger but more chance for issues. However, most issues can be solved by making an exception, which is pretty easy to do.
For those that want to tweak a lot of advanced settings. A good idea would be to change OSArmor to passive logging that way the user can have time to properly set exclusions. Of course one has to remember to change it to 'enable protection' after some time has passed.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Just re-new your Emsisoft license.
Why he have to renew his licnese because you wanna, becasue you will get profit from it :D ??

Meaby he dont wanna use this producent anymore... there is a lot other BETTER altarnetives where producent improve soft while emsisoft decrise....

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why he have to renew his licnese because you wanna, becasue you will get profit from it :D ??

Meaby he dont wanna use this producent anymore... there is a lot other BETTER altarnetives where producent improve soft while emsisoft decrise....
I do not work for Emsisoft.

If Emsisoft Antimalware is working great for @Eng_Mohamed, then why should he switch to an alternative solution that may not be as reliable. All it costs is a license renewal fee. Most Free Antivirus are bundled with extra Crap or Ads that irritate users, "upgrade now".

This is just another thread that says "I use a Free Antivirus, let's add 7 more layers of security, because I cannot control my mouse clicks".

Does Vivaldi not have a spell-checker.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I do not work for Emsisoft.

If Emsisoft Antimalware is working great for @Eng_Mohamed, then why should he switch to an alternative solution that may not be as reliable. All it costs is a license renewal fee. Most Free Antivirus are bundled with extra Crap or Ads that irritate users, "upgrade now".

This is just another thread that says "I use a Free Antivirus, let's add 7 more layers of security, because I cannot control my mouse clicks".

Does Vivaldi not have a spell-checker.
I second renewing the license. It's a solid product, and if it works... why change it? Gold rule.
If you just don't wanna pay no more consider migrating to default deny solutions like VoodooShield + OSA so not ads or crapware. Avoid traditional free antivirus. Focus on prevention by browser isolation (with extensions and/or isolation software).

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
My reply was based off the initial aspect that he wanted other individual(s) opinion for his question. I will add however Emsisoft is a cracking product. You can choose to renew the license or go another approach, totally up to how you feel and what you want going forward.

~LDogg

D

Deleted member 178

Does the OP got infected while using Emsisoft? If not, just renew it.
Emsisoft is perfect for beginners, OSA is not needed, Emsi has already a BB.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.