Advice Request Is it good idea to combine OSArmor with Free Antivirus?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

please vote for the best from your point of view

• forticlient free AV

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • panda free AV

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Avast free AV

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • kaspersky Free AV

Votes: 29 76.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
dont use werb CRAP i got 2-3 times reported for use this werb why you use this one too :/
Well this is embarrassing, but not for me.

Most Free Antivirus are bundled with extra Crap or Ads that irritate users, "upgrade now".
Crapware is an unflattering name for unwanted software or software that doesn't perform as expected - Google Search

Since you want to instigate this, I had a look at the Warning logs for your account and lo and behold, you were reported for either use of Foul Language, Hate Speech and Offensive language to others, all which are against the Forum Guidelines. Frankly, I don't know if you're trying to be funny or annoying, but please stop.

Find out more: Forum Rules

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Dude i got 2 times waring by use this werb so WTF wrong if you feel free to use it but not me...

there was topic about how annoying ads can be and i wrote "i dont see that crap ads casue i block them all the time... i got warned about it...

So its unfair for me if smb push me to use rules while smb dont care at all beacsue its mod/admin. So i just wanted mention you about that situation... where equal are not equal.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
The point is that "crapware" has become a professional term, and gained wide acceptance as such. But without the "ware" at the end, it remains impolite speech.

L

Local Host

From the list I suggested Kaspersky, I've had nothing but great experience with it (no performance hit) and includes BB (System Watcher).
The point is that "crapware" has become a professional term, and gained wide acceptance as such. But without the "ware" at the end, it remains impolite speech.
I honestly don't consider "crap" rude at all, and I think people are overreacting. Also find it extremely unfair to get warned, especially when he didn't approach anyone when he mentioned crap, as he was talking about Free AVs.

I though we were all adults here, this behaviour of whining about saying crap is childish. You all probably say way worse in front of your families.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Poooooooop cooooooooooorn tiiiiiiiime!!!!!!

I will say @Quassar, you used the adjective which is foul language, while @Spawn used the diminutive of the noun which is not foul.
Based on this very deep analysis of semantics made by a cutting-edge Ai, the chance that you will be banned if you persist is high ! LOOOOL

itwt

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Well this is embarrassing, but not for me.

I had a look at the Warning logs for your account and lo and behold, you were reported for either use of Foul Language, Hate Speech and Offensive language to others, all which are against the Forum Guidelines. Frankly, I don't know if you're trying to be funny or annoying, but please stop.

Find out more: Forum Rules

How about my warning logs ? I wanted to make sure of myself that I am not annoying :)

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Seconded with the quote. It's why so many Avast users were getting annoyed with their system after Avast was installed & running on systems.

~LDogg
You mean right now or previously?

I do recall there was an issue with Avast and Windows 10. But in that case the problem was due to an Avast update.

Reactions: AtlBo

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Well well, my computer did the windows update last night, & all while OSA, Avast Free Moderate Mode, MBAM, & SysHardener were active:p. Hmmmm
Might have been lucky :p. definitely not advisable to have any security product installed when updating the OS.

~LDogg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.