Advice Request Is it possible to get infected with Kaspersky TAM enabled ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's possible to become infected using any security product. The only way to guarantee absolutely no infections, is to power the device off, and unplug it.
As a precaution, remember to disconnect the power supply, or if possible remove the battery, carefully place the device in locked cabinet or safe where there is no electrical activity.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I just enabled it and how it adds more protection to the PC?
It adds more protection because it works the opposite of a regular AV. Instead of blocking files known to be bad, it allows only those files known to be good (according to Kaspersky Security Network). So it is much more restrictive.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
When I had KIS installed with TAM, I felt like I was infected by Kaspersky. Uninstalled that beast.

Reactions: bribon77

Sure it is possible. TAM is dependent upon KSN. And KSN has had bad reputation decisions made in the past. It is rare, but it does happen. And the heuristics can have a major malfunction too. What is more likely - a KSN mistake or a heuristics malfunction ? Based upon the number of complaints, I'd say KSN mis-rating.

If you want closer to 100 %, then put in the time and effort to learn your ecosystem and become responsible for your system and become much, much less dependent upon any security soft. That means changing personal computing habits, which brings me to the central point of everything...

Most people that enable TAM quickly disable it because they want to install programs like collecting Pokémon cards and participate in high-risk online behaviors. So, they don't have system security in the first place. They might as well not install a security soft to begin with.

Installing a security soft only to be installing and uninstalling programs left-and-right from dodgy sources is pointless. And that is exactly what the vast majority of people are doing. They can deny it all they wish, but it is common knowledge that people participate in a ton of high-risk on-line behavior like using torrents, cracks, warez, pirated softs\books, etc. I don't know why people who do it try to hide the fact.

Installing a security soft so one can protect themselves against their own high-risk behaviors is ludicrous.

Security begins with knowledge, a state of mind and habits. Without one, you have no security.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.