Advice Request Is it possible to recover my premium software?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
I have a problem and i dont know if theres a solution.
I have an HDD that was near dead, so my father buy a new one a told a friend to replace the HDD (didnt know about this until the PC was gone). In the old HDD i had like 8 premium software that i got from free giveaways pages. Now im my pc i have the new HDD with the OS and the old HDD without the OS. Is there any chance to get my premium software back? Because when i click on them it says free version or unregistred version (probable because of the deleted registry)

Reactions: Noxx
N

Noxx

I have an HDD that was near dead, so my father buy a new one a told a friend to replace the HDD (didnt know about this until the PC was gone). In the old HDD i had like 8 premium software that i got from free giveaways pages. Now im my pc i have the new HDD with the OS and the old HDD without the OS. Is there any chance to get my premium software back? Because when i click on them it says free version or unregistred version (probable because of the deleted registry)

If you mean premium license key, then yes. Just email the company with proof of purchase.

H

hjlbx

Didn't you save copies of your license keys ?

Some softs are tied to hardware and non-transferable, others can be transferred, still others have no restrictions - it all depends upon publisher policies.

Reactions: Noxx

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
Theres no purchase, all software are giveway software. I dont have any key saved... The question is there, with the OS uninstalled i lose all the software?

H

hjlbx

If @frogboy's recommendation doesn't work, then you can always contact each soft vendor. Some vendors link your license keys to your e-mail address - and are willing to retrieve them for you from their system. Because they see what you are experiencing all of the time...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The actual and safest way is to request license key from your respective vendors, because sometimes retrieving on your own may result to more possible failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.