Advice Request Is it worth it to buy Kerish Doctor?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Is it worth it to buy Kerish Doctor?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
They now have a 3-year license for $19.95 USD instead of $39.95 USD. I have tried it for 10 days and its features seems pretty interesting although I don't know if all features are 100% necessary. Do you think it is worth it? Does Kerish Doctor actually help you/your computer?

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Personally, CCleaner does all the work that I need it to do - plus they offer a free version. From there, I clean out things manually and through the use of disk cleanup which is built into Windows. I do own a lifetime copy of CCleaner Professional and this is nice software. Even though they had a minor security lapse I use it as a portable version too. It may be worth looking into a Pro version (lifetime) version of CCleaner too. Otherwise, Kerish is nice.

Wise Care 365 Pro is nice as well.

Last edited:

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
It's a non intrusive software. After the first run where it cleans gargabe (temp files and from the registry), it stays monitoring the system and has many options to improve Windows' performance.
I like that it removes the registry entry of any file(s) I delete, keeping the registry cleaner. It also has a "press the ESC key for 10 seconds and I will kill the process that has hung up your system" feature, that has worked for me a couple of times.
It updates daily (algorithm and threats database).
It also has an antimalware function that no one has tested yet... At least in this forum ;)

Last edited:

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
Oh I forgot... I like Kerish Doctor but I don't consider it an essential part of a system.
To be honest and IMHO to run products like Kerish Dr. (Tune Up, etc) is only requiered a couple of times a year, to delete some registry keys of uninstalled softwares and folders and files (maybe even CCleaner can do that too).
These kind of products also can detect some vulnerabilities like having the Autoplay enabled for removable drives or CD/DVD, or bad settings that could pose a threat in our browsers.
They are good and let you tweak many little things in Windows.
I have a license for Kerish. I recently had to do a clean Windows installation in my laptop and it's performing so well and smooth that I think I don't need Kerish for now.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I purchased it out of curiosity about 2yrs ago, and have purchased 2 3yr licenses, one for me,
and one for the wife (Carol).
Ccleaner was the only tool I trusted back then.
Kerish uses many of the tools available in the Admin tools section of windows, it's approach is unique
and reliable to a flaw. I love the approach Kerish takes, and it is updated Daily sometimes more than once.
This tells me Kerish is still in active development and that is a huge plus.
To sum up, yeah I have it and will continue to buy it. I want to support tools of this quality and the Dev's
who are a part of them. PeAcE

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I have not voted But in the past I used some cleaning suites. And you should be careful with some of them because they spoil the system. So. I only use portable Ccleaner and nothing else

@bribon77 Same here! I use the portable version of CCleaner and I have been using this software for a long time. As long as you do not touch the registry you cannot go wrong with this software at all.

It is up to you to decide whether it's worth it or not. If after the trial you are still unsure whether to buy it or not, then don't. Do not force yourself if you are honestly unsure.

@Azure Phoenix I couldn't have said it better myself! If after a trial time period is up and you cannot decide if its worth it or not do not force yourself into buying the software. Excellent point!

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
At the end of the day your decision is the best but I can tell you that I'd like to buy Kerish without a doubt and here I completely agree with @_CyberGhosT_ .

The team behind Kerish Doctor is really reliable and accurate.
I am using KD, thanks to (one year) giveway and yes the algorithms are updated on a daily basis, at the end of my promo license I will buy it.
One day I noticed that, after a cleaning session, KD was restoring a deleted file (probably by mistake).
Certainly it was not a critical file but I appreciate this care and attention by the team and this was the first time I saw this automatic routine in a optimization tool, so I suggest to use KD in real time (it can be slightly heavy in terms of resources, but it's worth it).
Buying KD I want to support a serious and efficient development team, which is the main reason, just my POV ;)

browneylad

Level 2
Verified
Sep 27, 2017
After spending on antivirus software, vpn & a good photography software I probably can't afford a paid license so I rely upon the 1 year giveaways posted here in MT section. Kerish is excellent & lightweight. Highly recommended software. 3 year deal at a good price is very good value for the product.

As always with av utility or firewall products we as users just outsource the effort & let the softwares take control of keeping the pc clean & protected. But as Roboman said above all the basics are covered by Microsoft. So if you know how to tweak & use you can control what stays in your pc & what is cleaned without needing extra apps. This is true about security & utility as well. The user is in charge with custom configuration instead of any app.

I voted yes & I think its highly cherished product made by excellent developers.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I purchased it out of curiosity about 2yrs ago, and have purchased 2 3yr licenses, one for me,
and one for the wife (Carol).
Ccleaner was the only tool I trusted back then.
Kerish uses many of the tools available in the Admin tools section of windows, it's approach is unique
and reliable to a flaw. I love the approach Kerish takes, and it is updated Daily sometimes more than once.
This tells me Kerish is still in active development and that is a huge plus.
To sum up, yeah I have it and will continue to buy it. I want to support tools of this quality and the Dev's
who are a part of them. PeAcE
Exactly this ^^^^ Kerish Doctor is the best software in it's class by a long shot.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
One key feature I like about Kerish, which I don't think anyother optimization software has, is the ability to rollback actions. So if you feel there's any issue after using it you can simply rollback what you did with Kerish.

So far I haven't read Kerish causing any issue which could not be easily resolved by its rollback feature.

Of course it always recommended to have a backup just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.