Is it worth writing for a website these days?

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Good evening everyone! Some weeks ago I got a proposal to write for this website.. Basically, I posted in a Facebook group a lockdown Security Guide for beginners I made (I can share it with you, but I have to translate it first). This guy commented, inviting me to write for his website, about security. How can I check if the website is popular? What do you recommend? This is the website. It would be an article a week. NetSpotty

Last edited:

mal1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2015
Their global rank yesterday was 8,891,844. Today it's 8,869,246!
Its rank has risen 22598 since yesterday, and this extra traffic can be attributed to visitors from MT! :D
Its rank is very low, even for an Italian-language website, but it's just a start.
I VOTED YES.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
@TheMalwareMaster your interest and convenience should best guide you for the same.
As Exterminator and WinterSoldier say, such opportunities may lead to better things, but also important is what Umbra and I have concern about, will it be paid?
You will mostly be sparing good time from your routine plans to take this activity up. You're interested, but it does take time to write and maintain these things. I've written too.

FYI, some stats about the website:
You can use SimilarWeb extension for more details..
Screenshot (28).png Screenshot (29).png
BTW, I had to use a European proxy (Netherlands) to access the website. That means it is administratively limited to some regions - that says something about their motto/expansion.

Get to know about their plans too. Their number of visits has just started off and most of them from Social sites (initial promotions).
I think you should go for it and make your experience decide whether this is in your future interest :)

Well MT is 12,379 so it depends on what you mean by high :D
#1 would be the best rank.
You must be knowing this, MT is at 543rd rank in 'Computer and Electronics' category with about 5.6M visits per month :)

Last edited:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I believe it would be for free, knowing that this site is still not really famous. I would love to be paid for this, but I don't know if it's easy to find a similar opportunity
Well you can use this opportunity to make/get a better deal when you decide to upgrade and apply for a bigger site :)

W

Wave

I think you should do it only if its paid because if his site becomes popular thanks to your articles then he will be making money one way or another?

If he isn't making any money from it either then I would do it for work experience oppertunity, if not then you'll be giving up a lot of your time for free when you could have made your own blog with your own articles and taken the fame for yourself.

Just my opinion but good luck bro :)

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I think you should do it only if its paid because if his site becomes popular thanks to your articles then he will be making money one way or another?

If he isn't making any money from it either then I would do it for work experience oppertunity, if not then you'll be giving up a lot of your time for free when you could have made your own blog with your own articles and taken the fame for yourself.

Just my opinion but good luck bro :)
I know they can make money on my articles, by now it's the first time and I will givr it a try

Reactions: Wave

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Having troubles with wordpress... Even if I'm logged in, I can't see the bar for posting. If I go to the login page, I got redirected to the original site

Reactions: Wave

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.