Advice Request Is Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware needed alongside OSArmor?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Do I need Kas Anti-Ransomware with OSArmor?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 94.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Well, I've been. Trying some Rasomwares that I have with OSArmor, try with Cerber Petia Ransomware.Satana. Santan Rasomware
CBT Locker [Ransomware] and more. Good with the configuration. Marking all OSArmor advanced fields. good results blocking everything.(y)

Last edited:

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
In my opinion, OSA alongside your main AV may be sufficient for a good security level.
I'd enable "block the execution of unsigned processes on Local AppData"
and "block the execution of unsigned processes on Roaming AppData", folders that usually contain ransomware exe files.

BTW some malware are fake-signed and in this case, some detection problems could happen.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
You also need a good backup such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both of which cover your MBR for extra security. :)
Fully agree (y), the backup is the tool that should allow to resume the work in case of disasters by saving all of our data, and its functionality must be a fortified point. We shouldn't make erroneous conclusions with the belief that “so it never happens anything”. Thankfully, but not let's give it for granted.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I would say it is not necessary. Although, aforementioned, depends on your complete configuration. Anyways, OSArmor would probably cover all the weak points ransomware could exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.